Sorry, this job has expired!
£25500 - £27500 per annum
Job Title: Finance Officer
Location: London (W1W 8TF)
Salary: £25,500 to £27,500 depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Reporting into the Head of Finance, you will assist with preparing management accounts and KPIs, P&L, cash flow forecasts, annual budgets and strategic plans at divisional levels along with FCA, PRA/ Bank of England regulatory returns. In addition, you will assist the Head of Finance with the production of the annual UK statutory accounts.
The role requires confidence to manipulate large volumes of data to produce valuable information, often working to tight deadlines; and the individual must have an eye for detail with strong organizational skills.
- Provide finance support for timely monthly profitability reporting (MPR) including analytical review and challenge of business results
- Provide regular reports to managers of departments and the senior management, tracking performance against current plans providing commentary on variances and any other ad hoc project work as required
- Maintain financial systems and make updates when necessary
- Respond to clients’ queries about financial issues and improve reporting procedures to meet their needs
- Carrying out monthly accounting procedures related to month-end
- Generation of key decision making reports
- Involvement in the production of the monthly Executive Report. Preparation of financial data for inclusion in Board presentations
- Manage a monthly and quarterly reporting process
- Co-ordinate and document the financial processes
- Involvement in the annual business plan & budget process
- Involvement in the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Provide support for overseas affiliates to share best practice and work together on global initiatives
- Critical analysis of business activities and cost drivers
- Financial analysis relating to implementing change and improving profitability
- Work on ad hoc projects as directed by Head of Finance
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong skills with MS Office products, particularly Excel and Access
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient
- Flexible in interacting in a varied multi-culture environment
- Holds or Studying towards a Professional accounting/ Finance Qualification such as ACCA/ CIMA is preferred
Key Competencies & Skills
- Overall Effectiveness
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Team Work
- Administrative Skills
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Payment Processing, Management Accounts, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Banking Services, Accounts Officer, Qualified Accountant, Financial Services may also be considered for this role.