Sorry, this job has expired!
Financial Accountant / Finance Manager – ACCA / CIMA Qualified
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: London, EC3A 6AB
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 pa
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Working Hours: 8:00 – 16:30 (Mon-Fri)
The Company was formed in 2016 and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Their values sit at the very heart of the firm’s commitment to provide the best valued service across the globe. They aim to build an excellent reputation whilst delivering a professional client service that is not only fair and open but one that is second to none.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Financial Accountant at the company. Reporting directly to the CFO, you will be responsible for the oversight of the day to day financial planning and budgetary control. A thorough understanding of reporting, taxation, financial products and an accountancy qualification will be required.
- Reporting to the CFO in respect of financial management of the company.
- To develop effective strategy and operational policies for promoting innovation, working closely with colleagues to achieve the same.
- To work closely within the team in developing, implementing, reporting and monitoring the company’s strategic plan;
- Preparing full set of financial and statutory accounts;
- Prepare detailed budgets, reporting packages, capital plans, cost reduction programs, cash flow projections and other analytics to support the needs of the Executive Management;
- Support the business on a daily basis and generate management and financial reports for the CFO.
- Preparing financial models, budgets and projections
- Preparing year end accounts and liaising with audit partners
- Daily review of internal and external reconciliations of platform/client bank accounts
- CASS reconciliation and related internal reporting
- Supporting the tracking and submission of UK regulatory filings and notifications on the FCA’s Gabriel system
- Reconciliations & routines, management accounts, VAT returns, annual financial statements and year-end audit files
- Production of management and accounts and key performance indicators to guide and support business decision making
- Managing the cashflow forecast
- An element of business partnering within different department heads to ensure outstanding financial accounting occurs throughout different business units.
- To provide both financial and business leadership to support the Company’s plan to maximise returns through informed interpretation of operating results and trends;
- To develop work flows and control procedures to ensure all financial transactions are properly accounted for in the Company’s system.
- To liaise with the CFO in relation to monthly, quarterly and annual financial performance together with trends and future predictions;
- Perform month end and regular P&L analysis and reconciliations
- Assisting with monitoring of the Company’s commercial risk management policies including credit risk, interest rate risk and foreign exchange risk;
- Responsible for all compliance activities associated with corporation tax and payroll taxes and for the development of appropriate tax management strategies;
- Adhoc finance projects such as system implementation and integration
The successful Candidate will be/ have:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Financial/Professional Services industries
- Regulatory Knowledge – Companies House returns, FCA GABRIEL reporting, CASS rules and regulations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, adept at managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Willing to take on all tasks within finance to ensure the smooth running of the business
- Able to make thorough decisions when needed, and take accountability for outcomes
- Possession of strong commercial skills and good understanding of value creation opportunities
- Be able to maintain positive working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Be driven and detail conscious
- Be organised and efficient
- Be able to work to deadlines
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The company is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Candidates with experience of: Accountant, Bookkeeper, Revenue Accountant, Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Chartered Accountant, Senior Accountant, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA and CIMA may be considered for this role.