Sorry, this job has expired!
Up to £58000 per annum + benefits
Job Title: Financial Controller – 12-month fixed term contract
Location: Kempston, Bedfordshire
Salary: Up to £58,000 per annum plus benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Firm is a Chartered Body, recognised for its role in supporting social mobility and improving diversity within the legal profession and for their innovative approach to legal education and training.
Operating in a changing and challenging market, they are the professional and representative association for Chartered Legal Executive lawyers, and other legal practitioners and paralegals. It regulates all its members in the public interest.
They provide education, training and the development of skills for its members, and those who wish to become more proficient and knowledgeable in the law. Their members are partners in law firms and advocates and may apply for judicial appointment.
They are going through an incredibly exciting period of change within the company and are recruiting for a Financial Controller to assist with leading their Finance Team. This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will have a real opportunity to help shape the direction of the Finance department, working closely with their Finance Director, to enact change.
They are currently in the process of shaping their long-term strategy which will redefine their offer to the marketplace and the way they operate as a business. Leading the day to day financial and accounting work across all parts of their business, you’ll be an experienced professional with people management skills.
Reporting to the Finance Director, you’ll have experience of budgeting, financial planning and forecasting and will assist with overseeing the development of financial systems to continually improve the processes within the department.
- Experience of creating monthly and annual financial information that tracks performance, reports trends and supports decision making
- Experience of managing cashflows, internal audits, company tax and VAT returns as well as analysis of financial information
- Able to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Significant experience of managing teams and delivering performance improvement
- Strong IT skills including advanced skills in Excel
- A qualified Accountant or qualified by experience
What they offer in return:
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Generous Annual Leave Allowance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
- Health & Wellbeing – you’ll be invited to join activities on the wellbeing calendar to improve your overall health and lifestyle
- Access to their training and development Learning Hub
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Xero Specialist, Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Chartered Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, Bookkeeper, SAGE50, Sage Line 50, SAGE 200, Revenue Accountant, Finance Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Finance Accountant, Accounts Payable, Group Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Credit control, Credit Controller, Accounts Receivable, Payment Processing, Financial Controller, Accounts Coordinator, Bookkeeping Assistant, Accountant, Finance Controller, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW may also be considered for this role.