Up to £13000 per annum + free accommodation, free term-time meals
Job Title: GAP Assistant
Location: Ware, Hertfordshire
Salary: £13,000 additional benefits include free accommodation, free term-time meals and a free laundry service during term time
Job Type: Full time, Fixed-term
The College has an incredible sense of community among its staff which can be felt immediately. The fascination of our setting is lasting and the Good Schools Guide describes the College as: “A successful, flourishing, dependable school with real spiritual heart.”
Our 400-acre site with its large leafy grounds, impressive playing fields and attractive school buildings offers modern facilities in a country setting, providing a safe and stimulating environment for young minds. With excellent transport links and only 30 minutes by train to central London stations, the College is 20 minutes’ drive from junction 25 of the M25, immediately off the A10. Also within easy access is London Stansted airport, which is a 20-minute drive.
St Edmund’s requires committed and enthusiastic Graduate GAP Assistants. This is a fixed-term position which includes working with different age ranges to improve their skills on a whole range of sports including but not limited to Hockey /Netball /Tennis /Rounders /Swimming /Gymnastics /Rugby /Football and Cricket.
Main duties and responsibilities are indicated here. Other duties of an appropriate level and nature will also be required.
- All games afternoons.
- Support PE Lessons.
- Mid-week fixtures which maybe outside the school day.
- Saturday Fixtures.
- After school training sessions.
- The ability to assist in the Hockey /Netball /Tennis /Rounders /Swimming /Gymnastics /Rugby /Football and Cricket.
- A refereeing or umpiring qualification would be an advantage.
- Tuesday afternoon activities: 3.20 – 4.35pm (CCF).
- 2 evening duties per week (Friday evening and one other).
- 1 weekend in every 3- or 4-weeks doing boarding and activity duties.
- 25 to 30 days commitment to Duke of Edinburgh expeditions during term-time (which may include weekends) or over college holidays.
- To be involved in airport duties on the last day and first day of each half- term.
- Potential sport support within the Prep School.
- The ability to assist in the teaching and coaching of either Netball or Hockey or the ability to assist in the teaching and coaching of either Rugby, Cricket or Football.
- Commitment to boarding school life.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills, able to relate to young people.
- A professional, yet caring and compassionate approach to dealing with students.
- Willingness to be involved in a range of co-curricular activities.
- Free accommodation
- Free term-time meals
- Free laundry service during term time.
- Excellent catering facilities including school lunches during term time when the kitchens are open. Cakes and biscuits during break times in the staff common room and hot drinks machines.
- Use of the College sports facilities when not in use by students, including the gym and swimming pool.
- Free parking.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discretionary closure of the College between Christmas and New Year (in addition to annual leave).
- An increase to 25 days'(FTE) annual leave following 5 years’ service plus public holidays.
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times.
- Lieu time is accrued when working beyond contractual hours. These hours can be taken off throughout the year, in addition to annual leave.
- Pension: Employee contribution 4% College contribution 8.5%.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Teacher, Teaching assistant, PE Teacher, School teacher, Physical education teacher, Activities coordinator, Coach, Coaching instructor, Activities instructor, Sports education, sports and facilities organiser, Sports coordinator, Head of physical education, Coaching staff will also be considered for this role.