Goods-In / Incoming Inspection Supervisor /Warehouse Supervisor
Job Title: Goods-In / Incoming Inspection Supervisor
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 6WR
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
Due to continued expansion there is now an opportunity for an experienced Goods-In Inspector to work within a busy Goods-In and Stores environment.
- Leading Goods In / Incoming Inspection department, ensuring effective departmental performance
- Checking, receiving and signing for in-bound deliveries from couriers
- Incoming and final inspection of parts against technical drawing, purchase order requirements or company standards
- Compiling relevant inspection documentation
- Liaising with key stakeholders regarding any identified defects or concerns relating to quality
- Inspecting /returning material to stock that has been returned from customers for assessment and investigation.
- Collate Quality data on supplier discrepancies, customer returns then analyse, recommend courses of action
- General knowledge of Engineering component drawings and the use of hand measuring equipment such as profile calipers, micrometers and dial indicators.
- Knowledge of any other inspection equipment, such as profile projectors, ultrasonic flaw detectors and XRF instruments would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems, ISO 9001 and Quality principles
- Supportive technical or craft qualifications (NVQ Level 3+, HNS, City & Guilds) in quality /engineering / Craft / Manufacturing / Production is essential
- Previous use of an ERP system or goods in computer system
- Good maths, literacy and communication skills
- FLT license would be desirable
- Good technical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to compile reports, analyse data, determine root cause of any issues and develop corrective actions
- Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a small team
- Previous Goods-In/warehouse experience
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Logistics, Distribution, Warehouse Supervisor, Warehouse Operative, FLT Driver, Warehouse Leader, Import Co-ordinator, Logistics Coordinator, Shipment Coordinator, Logistics Operative, Warehouse Coordinator, Transport Coordinator, Logistics Supervisor, Warehouse Operations, Shipment Supervisor, Transport Supervisor, Stock Control Coordinator, Supply Chain Coordinator may also be considered for this role.