Sorry, this job has expired!
Graduate Design Engineer / CAD Engineer
Job Title: Graduate Design Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is one of the leading manufacturers of engineered plastic assemblies for the automotive industry. In the UK they have a Design and Development centre, along with four modern manufacturing plants equipped with some of the latest automation and moulding technology.
At the company, they understand the value of offering graduate opportunities across all of their sites. They believe that graduates have enormous potential, but that this potential needs to be polished and nurtured. Therefore, they develop their graduates to be upcoming leaders and managers.
They ensure their graduates receive the support they need, with regular reviews and exposure to the wider business to give them the necessary experience and building blocks. In recent years, they have developed graduates across a range of departments.
The company are delighted to announce that they have an exciting opportunity for a graduate looking to develop a career within research, design and development. This pivotal role will be based at their Leamington Spa Design and Development Centre in the Midlands.
They are looking for candidates who are self-motivated, demonstrate excellent communication skills and are comfortable speaking to all different levels of personnel.
Additionally the candidate must have a proactive, investigative approach to tasks. They should be capable of working to their own initiatives to satisfy demanding deadlines and have a natural interest in the automotive industry and passion for design.
Previous experience of plastic manufacturing, polymer engineering, tool design or working within the automotive industry would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will work within their growing Design and Development team to develop and deliver world class automotive plastic products to their customers. This role will include a personal development plan with the potential to progress to a range of more senior/engineering positions within the company. Within the position there may be a requirement to travel to customers or one of the company’s other sites within the UK or Europe.
- CAD design and development of Automotive components
- Prototype model generation and concept validation
- Generation of virtual simulations (CAE) and results interpretation
- Development and completion of physical design verification testing
- Generation of supporting design and Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing documentation
- New Product Introduction (NPI) launch support at the company and OEM manufacturing sites
- Continuous improvement projects for the Design and NPI departments
- Support of their Engineering and Production departments as required
- Degree in Mechanical or related Industrial/Engineering discipline (BEng/BSc)
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Clean working methods and attention to detail
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced/high pressure environment
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Design Engineer, Development Engineer, Product Design Engineer, Product Designer, Product Development, CAD, Design Improvement Engineer, AutoCAD Engineer, AutoCAD Designer, CAD Designer, AutoCAD Technician, Design Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Graduate, Graduate Design Engineer, Trainee Engineer, Trainee Design Engineer may also be considered for this role.