Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Job Title: Head of Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: Flexible Location
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company, the UK’s largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses, are currently looking for a Head of Financial Planning and Analysis to join the team.
They believe in three things; their Colleagues, their Clients and the Contribution they make. Their ‘three Cs’ are at the heart of everything they do, with colleagues always coming first.
As a Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for employer, they’ll support and encourage you to reach your potential, whilst you deliver the best possible experience for their Clients. They’ll do this alongside Contributing positively to the communities where they live and work.
A bit about the team…
There is a definite buzz about the team and the environment they work in – it is a hub of activity and they are close knit, busy, focused and enjoy working alongside each other. Every day brings a new challenge as they interact with a variety of colleagues and clients, making sure their needs and expectations are met.
They are sociable and support each other on the ups and downs of the working day, if you’re looking at working in a progressive team then this is the role for you.
Where do you come in?
- Supporting the Executive / Board to preserve the integrity of the Business Operating Model and ensure the Group maintains appropriate ROE / financial performance metrics
- Developing a deep understanding of the core businesses within the group and key drivers of their business performance, allowing appropriate challenge to ensure targets are achieved. This includes ensuring that an optimal balance is made between strategic investment and BAU cost management
- Leading the business annual budget and three-year operating plan work from a financial perspective
- Leading forecasting and monthly management reporting across the business
- Ensuring management / financial reporting is insightful, completed to a high degree of accuracy and in a timely fashion
- Leading Capital Management, including dividend policy and distributable reserves planning
- Working closely with the Marketing and Insight teams, understanding trends across the businesses to develop the optimal presentation of group performance
- Building strong relationships across the divisional management teams as well as the other key control functions in the business
- Building strong relationship with the Group Finance team
- Delivering ad hoc projects and analysis to the CFO / Executive and the Board
- Drive appropriate culture and values across the Finance function and the Business
- Recruiting, training and employing high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing direct reports, including overseeing new employee on boarding, setting objectives and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Providing oversight and direction to employees in accordance with the firm’s policies, procedures, standards and SLAs
- Holding regular one-to-ones with direct reports ensuring that feedback is provided in a constructive way whilst working with the employee to facilitate personal development
- Working with the HR Business Partner, develop a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance
- Managing all departmental HR issues including monitoring absenteeism, and managing any capability and disciplinary issues
You need to have:
- Experience of developing a strategic FP&A function
- High level of commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Hold a recognised professional accountancy qualification
- Must have the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of leading a commercial team
- Exceptional Excel / modelling skills
- Ability to quantify and visualise large quantities of data
- Motivated to achieve strict deadlines and milestones
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced environment.
So much more than a pay cheque…
On top of the competitive salary, they’ll reward you with:
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Company pension scheme
- Wide range of flexible benefits, such as gym membership, technology or health assessments
- Access to an online wellbeing centre
- Range of discounts from many businesses
- 25 days holiday with options to buy or sell more
So, what happens when you apply?
Your application will be received by the Resourcing team who will screen your application, you will receive a response within 3 working days by phone, email or text with next steps…
They are absolutely committed to being a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation, has an equal opportunity to reach their true potential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Head of Finance, Finance Director, Financial Controller, Head of Corporate Services, Director of Finance, Head of Human Resources, Head of HR, HR Director, Human Resources Director Head of Corporate Resources, Financial Reporting, and Senior Management Accountant may also be considered for this role.