Head of Risk /Risk Manager /Risk Assessment Analyst -Commercial
£70000 - £77000 per annum
Job Title: Head of Commercial Risk
Location: Flexible Location
Salary: £70,000 – £77,000 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company, the UK’s largest independent invoice finance specialist and a trusted provider of funding solutions to over 7,000 businesses, are currently looking for a Head of Commercial Risk to join the team.
They believe in three things; their Colleagues, their Clients and the Contribution they make. Their ‘three Cs’ are at the heart of everything they do, with colleagues always coming first.
As a Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for employer, they’ll support and encourage you to reach your potential, whilst you deliver the best possible experience for their Clients. They’ll do this alongside Contributing positively to the communities where they live and work.
A bit about the team…
There’s a buzz in their team. Every day brings a new challenge as they interact with a variety of colleagues and clients, making sure their needs are met. They are sociable and support each other on the ups and downs of the working day.
Where do you come in?
- Support the UK commercial offices in ensuring sound management of Client/Credit risk by driving consistent approaches and accountabilities with Risk Managers and MD’s/HBU/HOO
- Undertake periodic commercial South office visits in order to review key risks with Risk Managers and MD’s/HBU/HOO
- Directly and through Direct Reports, support their commercial offices in relation to high risk client situations in order to maximise recovery or exit prospects and to minimise bad debts
- In conjunction with Head of Commercial Risk – North, host regular UK commercial Risk forums and use these as a driver for change and improvement
- In conjunction with Head of Commercial Risk – North, ensure that robust procedures are in place to manage all commercial products and that these are consistent across the UK
- Identify and challenge deteriorating risk profiles across the UK commercial South portfolio by the intelligent use of RiskFactor, monthly reporting, client audit and other tools
- Drive sound value add annual review of the UK clients in line with stated policy
- Provide new/existing Client sanctioning support in UK up to a defined limit within the ‘Regional Board’ band and to sense check submissions which may need to go to Exec, or Board level as required
- Represent UK Risk on projects as either a Subject Matter Expert, Project Board Member or Steering Committee Member as agreed with UK Risk Director and Project Accountable Executive
- Be a UK Subject matter expert for the Global Credit Risk Management Framework and ensure that its understanding and adherence to it is embedded within areas of responsibility
- In conjunction with Head of Commercial Risk – North, ‘Own’ risk training as a topic to link in with L&D to support their risk management strategy
- Undertake regular review of industry sector and debtor exposure across the UK client portfolio and work with the Head of Non-Recourse to ensure that the segment is consistent in approach, scope and reporting
- Maintain awareness of industry issues and developments and ensure that relevant updates are circulated when appropriate
- As required act as a member of the Business Continuity Committee representing your area of responsibility
- Ensure that risk support is provided within area of responsibility to fulfil requirements for such internal, statutory, stakeholder and funder audits as may be required
You need to have:
- Proven experience of sound invoice finance credit risk management, leading managing and coaching and developing a team, and of risk issues in the financial services industry
- Influencing, excellent communication, financial analysis, credit risk analysis, decision making, numeracy & analytical, commercial awareness, attention to detail, excellent communicator, customer service, deal structuring, planning and organisational, excellent IT skills, excellent product knowledge, invoice finance risk awareness
- Full Driving Licence, ABFA Certificate Level
So much more than a pay cheque…
On top of the competitive salary of £70-£77,000 they’ll reward you with:
- Private healthcare for you and your family
- Company pension scheme
- Wide range of flexible benefits, such as gym membership, technology or health assessments
- Access to an online wellbeing centre
- Range of discounts from many businesses
- 25 days holiday which increases with service and options to buy or sell more
So, what happens when you apply?
Your application will be received by the Resourcing team who will screen your application, you will receive a response within 3 working days by phone, email or text with next steps…
They’re absolutely committed to being a truly inclusive place to work, where everyone, regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity or sexual orientation, has an equal opportunity to reach their true potential.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: ABFA, Operational Risk Analyst, Financial Services Risk Manager, Risk Assessment Analyst, Risk Analyst, Risk Analyst, Business Process Analyst, Credit Risk Analyst, Business Performance Analyst, Business Analyst, Finance Analyst, Systems Analyst, Business Systems Analyst may also be considered for this role.