Sorry, this job has expired!
Health and Safety Assistant / SHEQ Assistant / H&S Admin
Job Title: Health and Safety Assistant
Location: Derby, Derbyshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (08:45 – 17:00 Monday to Friday)
The Company was founded in 1809 and is the largest casual tableware brand in the UK. Their heritage is at the core of their business and their stoneware is still proudly made in England. Their brand positioning is ‘Styled by Life’ – versatile, beautiful and durable tableware and cookware designed for modern life. In recent years they have expanded into licensed tableware (Monsoon and James Martin), Glassware, Accessories and Cookshop products to offer the full tabletop solution.
To help promote a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the organisation, actively promote Health and Safety systems and provide Health & Safety activity support to the Group Health & Safety Manager. You will be mentored by the Group Health and Safety Manager to ensure you are successful in the position.
- Providing support to the Group Health & Safety Manager and all managers in achieving legislative compliance and implementation of the company Health & Safety Management system.
- Make sure all accident / incident data is recorded accurately and correctly
- Prepare monthly statistical data on accidents/near miss/hazards.
- Respond to any queries that come through to the team
- Champion Health & Safety systems, activities and projects
- Assist in the communication of standards and procedures
- Support implementation of internal procedures / policies
- Assist with basic Induction training – manual handling, workstation assessments
- Liaise with department managers to plan and coordinate delivery of training by external providers
- Assist with Purchase Order administration
- Maintain and manage communication boards
- Daily administration of supporting documentation for Health & Safety Management system
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification desirable
- Previous knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace is essential
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills
- Attention to detail – methodical approach to tasks
- Team Player
- Flexible approach
- Action orientated – proactive & pragmatic
- The ability to juggle a range of tasks / issues simultaneously
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator at all levels, have good organisational skills and will champion cultural and behavioural changes across the company.
- Competitive salary
- 33 Days holiday
- Service Days Accrual after 5 years continual service
- Generous Company Sick Pay Scheme after completing the qualifying period
- Great Staff Discount Scheme available to you from Day 1
- Christmas Vouchers to spend in Company’s Stores following a qualifying period of 3 months
- Employee Assistance Program
- Scottish Widows Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Free on-site car parking
- Canteen on-site
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Health & Safety Advisor, H & S Advisor, Health & Safety Officer, EHS Advisor, ISO Compliance Auditor, Environmental Safety Officer, Health and Safety Assistant, SHEQ Manager, Health and Safety Manager, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Officer, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Officer, Inspection & Audit Officer may also be considered for this role.