Job Title: Health, Safety and Fire Consultant
Salary: £40,000 + DOE.
Job Type: Permanent, Full time
- Due to continued growth, a vacancy has arisen within our Health, Safety and Fire Safety team for a Health, Safety and Fire Consultant.
- The successful candidate will carry out a variety of fire, health and safety risk assessment based services, for clients in varying industries including commercial, retail, education and local government sectors among others.
- Ideally, candidates will also have the necessary skills and experience to carry out the company’s training services as well including fire warden training.
- You will be part of a very busy, vibrant and sociable health and safety team, and can ‘hit the ground running’ after an initial induction phase.
- Office Test provides a complete suite of health and safety, fire safety and electrical compliance services to more than 5500 companies across the UK.
- Having grown every year across all the key performance metrics, the company is now looking to cement its status as the UK’s leading ‘complete compliance’ provider.
- We are looking for a hard working professionals that are great at what they do and have the desire to make a real difference in the company they work for.
- Ideally 2-3 years’ minimum experience of working within a professional health and safety consultancy company in a similar client facing role
- Ability to carry out comprehensive health and safety services, including risk assessments for clients in varying industries including commercial, retail, education, local government premise among others
- Ability to carry out comprehensive fire risk assessments as required under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Experience of developing and delivering health and safety training to include Fire Warden Training (including the use of fire extinguishers), fire awareness, manual handling, low level access
- Experience of liaison with regulatory authorities such as Health & Safety Executive, Local authority, Fire Authority
- To formulate and write comprehensive health, safety and fire documents, including policies, evacuation procedures
- Experience of completing display screen assessments
- Experience of delivering first aid training (Desirable)
- Hold a full driving license (Desirable)
- The role mainly based in London, however must be willing to travel nationally
- Be flexible on working outside of normal hours
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be IT literate, Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in using an iPad
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet required deadlines.
- Reliable, flexible and well presented.
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence when it comes to front line customer service.
- High energy and committed with a genuine sense of fun
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (Essential)
- NEBOSH Certificate Fire Safety & Risk Management or fire risk assessment related qualification (Essential)
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (Desirable)
- CMIOSH (Desirable)
- OSHCR Occupational Health & Safety Consultants Register (Desirable)
- First Aider Instructor Qualification (Desirable)
Membership of a professional body (Essential to have at least one):
- Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH)
- Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- Institute of Fire Prevention Officers (IFPO)
- Further training opportunities
- Assistance with professional memberships
- Competitive salary (depending on experience)
- Free fruits daily
- Friday social events
- Career opportunities
- 28 days holiday, increasing with service
- Birthday and Christmas Eve off work
What our clients say about us:
‘Very professional company, they kept me informed at all times and were able to answer my questions in a simple but understandable way. Quick service and good quality’
‘Office test were friendly and efficient. We would use their service again.’
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Health and Safety Officer, Environment Officer, Manufacturing Officer, Quality Assurance Coordinator, Quality Advisor, Health and Safety Coordinator, SHEQ Advisor, Health and Safety Advisor, Demolition Health and Safety Officer, Quality Officer, Environmental Coordinator, Fire & Safety Officer, Technical Fire & Safety Officer, Fire Risk Assessment Officer, Fire Safety Building Officer Production Health and Safety Assessor, Environment Advisor, Operations Assistant, Administrator, Officer, Administrative Assistant, Office Assistant, Operations Administrator, Health & Safety Assistant, Office Administrator, Administrator, Office Clerk, Business Administrator, Health and Safety Administrator may be considered for this role.