Sorry, this job has expired!
Housekeeping / Cleaner / Cleaning Operative
Up to £9.50 per hour
Job Title: Housekeeping
Location: The Victoria at Holkham, Wells-next-the-Sea
Salary: £9.50 per hour for applicants over 18
Job Type: Full or Part Time, Permanent
Our vision is to be the UK’s most pioneering and sustainable rural estate.
The Holkham Estate extends over 25,000 acres. The land and property-based activities include residential and commercial lettings, property development, arable and vegetable farming, forestry, country sports, an inn, a holiday park, beaches, car parks, admissions, cafes, shops, concerts and events.
The role of the Housekeeping General Assistant is to provide a consistently high standard of customer service for customers throughout their visit to the Victoria. In a highly competitive sector where a great reputation and consistently high standards determine success, it is essential that the service, cleanliness and presentation of the Victoria is faultless. Attention to detail and an ability to work diligently will be essential.
You will be required to work to a weekly rota. As a Housekeeping General Assistant subject to performance, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in other departments and join an NVQ program for professional development should you wish to do so.
- To take responsibility for your allocated role for that shift
- To be clear on what is expected of you and seek help from the Duty Manager or supervisor if you are not sure.
- To be able to identify and set objectives for your own development
- To ensure that the initial daily tasks for your designated area of work are completed to agreed timescales and standards set out in the SOP manual
- To ensure you remember important daily information such as departures, arrivals, guests’ additional requests & room allocations
- To ensure that you remain aware and alert to customer’s needs at all times minimizing waiting times, responding to those trying to catch your attention and communicating with customers to help manage their expectations.
- To respond to customers quickly, politely and efficiently at all times even when busy
- To work efficiently, carrying out daily tasks to the required high standards
- To ensure that you use the checklists relevant to your department
- To ensure that we meet our sustainability goals and identify opportunities for improvement in this area
- To be flexible and responsive enough to support other members of the Victoria team so that a high level of service is consistently delivered to the customer and we operate as one team
- To always look for opportunities to exceed customer expectations and make a positive contribution to The Victoria and Holkham Estate
- To respond to customer complaints professionally, seeking assistance from the Duty Manager or supervisor as required
- To identify issues and feedback any concerns with solutions to the Management Team
- To work with the maintenance team to ensure all fixtures & fittings are maintained to the highest standards
- Assist in the management of stock loss and wastage by adhering to processes and controls
- Assist in ensuring all EHO, Fire Regulations, Licensing and COSHH requirements and standards are met
- To develop and maintain a high knowledge of The Victoria and Holkham Estate so you are able to provide guests with information and advice
- To promote our visitor attractions and events
- To adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety policy at all time
- Initiative, energy, enthusiasm and persistence
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of personal presentation
- Attention to detail and a desire to get things right
- Team player
- Flexibility, a positive attitude and an ability to work calmly under pressure
- A commitment to develop your understanding and to demonstrate the 5 Holkham Behaviours
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Housekeeper, Housekeeping Assistant, Home Cleaner, House Cleaning, Commercial Cleaning, Domestic Cleaning, Private Housekeeper, will also be considered for this role.