Sorry, this job has expired!
HR Business Partner / Human Resources Advisor
£29000 - £39000 per annum
Job Title: H.R. Business Partner
Location: Sefton, Merseyside
Salary: £29,000 to £39,000 (dependent on experience)
Job type: Permanent, Full time
The Company is the premier importer of quality frozen fish and seafood to the U.K. and Irish markets, and supplies top quality products to multi-national retailers, food manufacturers and wholesale customers. Their brands are so well established that they recognised both within the domestic market and overseas.
They’re looking for an experienced H.R. Business Partner to join their management team. They employ 40 staff within managerial and support roles and a further 80 staff within their busy production facility. They have a turnover of £105 million and their business is geared for further future growth, including further expansion of the export operation.
The role will have both a strategic and operational focus, including development and delivery of effective people management strategies in support of the company’s strategic aims, and provision of advice and support to the management team on all H. R. matters. You will report to the Finance Director.
This is a generalist role and will require you to manage all aspects of H. R. including:
- Recruitment and selection processes
- Induction and onboarding processes, including training
- Liaising with temporary work agencies and managing agency workers
- The drafting, negotiation and administration of contracts of employment and pay/ reward schemes
- Drafting and maintaining up to date policies and procedures, including ownership of the Staff Handbook and Training Manual
- Monitoring and managing sickness absence to maintain acceptable levels of staff absence, maintaining appropriate records and administration of sick pay
- Ownership of appraisal process, including training line managers on the process, maintaining appropriate records
- Management of employee relations issues, including performance management, disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Management of structural changes including changes to terms and conditions, changes to organisational structure and redundancy processes if and when required
- Maintaining staff records, ensuring compliance with data protection legislation in relation to staff records, collating and reporting on data in connection with H. R. matters as and when requested by the Finance Director.
You will be an experienced and well-rounded generalist H. R. practitioner with a firm knowledge and understanding of employment law and H. R. best practice, and experience in dealing with all aspects of H. R.
It will assist you if you have experience working in multi-site roles, with multicultural teams and shift patterns.
- Minimum of C.I.P.D Level 5 or equivalent, demonstrable experience
- IT literate with intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent literacy with experience in preparing Board reports
- Good communicator, with natural people skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to design and deliver in-house training programmes, or a willingness to train towards this goal
You must be willing to work flexibly, including varying your hours when required to meet with staff working on a 6am-2pm or 2pm-10pm shift. In return, they have a flexible approach to their working hours and will consider any reasonable request to vary the 7am to 3pm hours.
You must be willing to travel to the Head Office in Manchester for a minimum of one day each week and to provide your own transport.
Applicants must be currently eligible to live and work in the UK, no sponsorship opportunities are available for this role.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Human Resources Manager, HR Business Partner, HR Manager, Human Resources Analyst, Senior HR Advisor, Senior Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Personnel Manager, HR Officer, HRBP, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources Consultant, Human Resources, HR Specialist, People Strategy, Senior HR Coordinator may also be considered for this role.