Job Title: HR Manager (Generalist)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Gafoor is a dynamic and rapidly growing family-owned business in Preston and are a key player in their sector operating on a national basis.
We are currently looking for an experienced HR Manager to work in a standalone role with responsibility and accountability for the full employee life cycle. The successful candidate will oversee HR in a multicultural food processing business based in Preston, with circa 300 employees.
If you are seeking the chance to join a well-established company who will offer you a rewarding career, then send your CV in for immediate consideration.
About the role
Working closely with the payroll department to ensure workforce information is kept up to date, you will be responsible for administrative tasks and you’ll contribute to making the company a better place to work.
You will need experience of working in a fast-paced environment, providing first level advice on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues. Plus, the ability to multitask and deal with a range of incoming enquires – organisation is key to the success of this role.
The goal will be to provide excellent assistance and support to employees and managers. The successful candidate will need a flexible approach to their working hours and demonstrate a willingness to meet with operational teams at times which suit the manufacturing process.
- Provide managers and supervisors with advice on all HR related matters
- Proactively look into ideas and initiatives to improve HR processes and working environment
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide guidance to line managers on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Create and implement effective onboarding plans
- Develop induction, training and CPD development programs
- Assist in performance management processes
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records (attendance, EEO data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as HR manager, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development etc.)
- Understanding of UK labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office; preferably with knowledge of HRMS
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Strong ethics and reliability
- CIPD Qualified to Level 5
- Able to form and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and third parties
- Self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude and determination to ‘get under the skin of problems’
- Able to streamline and improve operational HR processes
- It is desirable but not essential for candidates to speak Romanian
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Human Resources Manager, HR Business Partner, Human Resources Analyst, Senior HR Advisor, Senior Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, Personnel Manager, HR Officer, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources Consultant, HR Specialist, Senior HR Coordinator may also be considered for this role.