Human Resource Administrator
£25000 - £27000 per annum
Job Title: Human Resource Administrator
Location: Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey
Salary: £25,000 – £27,000 per annum
Job type: Full-Time, Permanent (37 Hours Per week)
KUSCO (Kingston University Service Company Ltd) is a wholly owned subsidiary company of Kingston University, providing facilities management services to the University – in particular, cleaning, caretaking, maintenance, security, reception, post, switchboard, and management of the five Halls of Residence.
HR provides advice, support, guidance, and information which enables KUSCO to achieve its goals through people. Its aim is to ensure that we have the right people in the right place at the right time at the right cost with the right skills and performing to the levels required. This aim is achieved by continually improving the policies, systems and practices which enable this. The role of the HR Administrator is to maintain, and contribute to the development of, the HR information and record systems, providing data and reports as required and providing full administrative support to the full range of KUSCO’s HR activities and processes.
- Ensure all HR records, both manual and electronic, are maintained and that Starters, Leavers and Changes are processed/ filed correctly for HR and payroll purposes.
- Enter payroll information on the system including new starters, process leavers, implement changes and input any overtime during the monthly payroll process.
- Ensure that all HR information and statistics are produced and maintained in a format which enables HR to provide support and advice to managers and enables HR to provide Management Information data.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports from the HR Information System as required.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of HR Systems, specifically the SDR and Learning and Development systems including the Training Matrix.
- Produce and maintain trackers and statistics on diversity, retirement, sickness absence and other information as required.
- Send out application packs where these cannot be downloaded electronically.
- Ensure appropriate information is sent to selection panels for shortlisting and interview and make all logistical arrangements, including correspondence, for interviews.
- Send out regret letters to unsuccessful applicants.
- Process employment checks where appropriate, including eligibility to work in UK, DBS, verification of qualifications, reference checks and any other
- Send out contract packs to all new employees ensuring all information is returned in a timely manner and processed/ filed.
- Ensure new starters are processed on payroll.
- Initiate and monitor the probation records.
- Record all training activity – ensure that the learning and development log is kept up to date.
- Research and book external training courses as and when required.
- Produce and maintain the tracker on Performance and Development Reviews
- Previous administration role experience in a busy department
- Previous experience in an HR environment
- Previous experience of using a computerised HR system
- Experience of using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook to an advanced level
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure, coping with competing deadlines and priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both orally and in writing, to all, including senior managers
- Ability to present data in a clear and readable format and think clearly and logically.
- Flexible in approach to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently when required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to travel to any KU site
Please Note: It is a requirement that all matters are dealt with using tact and diplomacy, and that confidentiality is maintained at all times.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; HR Administrator, Human Resources Executive, HR Administrator, Human Resources Analyst, HR Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Assistant may also be considered for this role.