Human Resource Manager / HR Manager
Up to £50000 per annum
Job Title: Part Time HR Manager
Location: Battersea, London
Salary: £10,000 Per annum (FTE £50,000 per annum)
Job type: Permanent, Part – time (one day per week)
To provide structure, guidance and support to the existing HR team in London and across the Group.
- Providing advice and support to the existing HR team (1 advisor and 1 part time administrative assistant) on all aspects of managing an HR function within a Company employing circa 300 staff in multi locations across the UK.
- Provide advice and assistance to the HR team and operational managers on all HR matters including but not limited to employee disciplinary, work performance, absence matters and recruitment to ensure they are carried out in accordance with company policy and legislation.
- Ensuring Company policies and procedures comply with current UK & EEC legislation and best practice, any communicate changes to managers.
- Implementing the agreed company HR Strategy which reinforces the cultural and ethical standards the business expects from all staff.
- Ensure employee documentation is updated with new legislation and policies and consistent across the company.
- Develop and maintain HR KPI structure inc starters, leavers etc
- Advise and support organisational change including redundancies and staff termination etc
- Assess, develop and maintain training requirements for each job role.
- Review, standardise and update the induction training process for new staff joining the company.
- Review all starting employee documentation for completeness
- Lead key Employee Relations tasks in order to maintain smooth business operations through an engaged and motivated workforce
Compensation & Benefits
- Implement competitive and cost-effective remuneration plans in order to attract, retain and engage the necessary talented employees to deliver the business plan
- Support the local implementation of the Talent Management process in order to deliver the right talent on time to meet the business agenda
- Develop and implement a robust recruitment process
- Deliver “best” fit candidates by managing the recruitment process with relevant agencies and using appropriate selection tools (competency based interview techniques and occupational/psychometric assessments)
Environmental, Safety, Risk & Compliance
- Support a strong EHS culture on site.
- To develop a strong culture of near miss reporting across all staff to assist in driving improvements to the site safety performance.
- To work in accordance with the company Health & Safety policy
- To ensure the staff understand, and comply with, their responsibilities under the company Health & Safety at Work policy
- To take reasonable precautions to protect Company’s property
- To challenge any unauthorised personnel on the premises
- To report and investigate any incident of theft
- Completion of tasks promptly and effectively
- Improving efficiencies
- Development of good working key internal and external relationships
HR Knowledge & Competencies
- CIPD or CHRP qualification or significant/proven experience of working at this level
- Excellent up to date knowledge of UK employment law legislation
- Extensive knowledge of policies and procedures relating to a HR Function
- Experience of working within food industry or with organisations with production, warehouse and /or distribution elements to them.
- Strong written skills with proven ability to draft policies, procedures and reports
- Good coaching & mentoring skills
- Excellent presentation skills both formally and informally
- Good personal presentation and high level of professionalism
- Good ambassadorial and diplomatic skills
- Strong customer focus
- Open communication style and accessible to staff of all levels
- Competent PC skills including MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Please click the APPLY button to send your role CV for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Human Resources Analyst, HR Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer may also be considered for this role.