ICT Support Officers / IT Support Technician
£24982 - £27041 per annum
Job Title: Shared ICT Support Officers
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Salary: £24,982 to £27,041 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (37 hours per week), Flexi-time Scheme
Closing date: Sunday 5th December 2021
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 14th December 2021 and Wednesday 15th December 2021
Eden and South Lakeland District Councils are looking to recruit two experienced ICT Support Officers to join the Shared ICT Service.
The successful candidates will be experienced in supporting and implementing Microsoft technologies and will help the team deliver a high quality, effective, customer focused ICT service that is responsive to the needs of both councils.
We are currently in the process of modernising the ICT infrastructure across both councils, transforming the way people work by the introduction of new technology. If you want to be part of a successful team and want to help develop ICT, to improve the way services are delivered to the public, then this is the job for you.
The successful candidates will have experience of some or all of the following, further training will be provided for the right candidate:
- Experience of supporting Microsoft technologies including:
- Windows 10, Exchange, SharePoint, Office, SQL, Server 2012/2016, M365 & Active Directory.
- Experience of supporting other technologies including:
- Remote Desktop Services & Hyper-V.
- Experience of telephony, Microsoft Skype for Business and Teams being an advantage.
- Strong communication and excellent customer service skills.
South Lakeland will be the employing authority, one post will be based in Kendal and one post will be based in Penrith with occasional travel between sites as required.
What we offer
- Being part of an innovative, forward thinking, supportive and solutions focused team
- Smart working – Working in a ways that gets the best outcomes
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement (23 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (raising to 28 days after 5 years service))
- Flexi time – being able to accrue up to 13 additional flexi days + 5 additional banked flexi days per annum
- An attractive pension scheme
Equality of opportunity
We are fully committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want this to be reflected in the diversity of the people who work for us and we welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and identities including from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as these groups are under-represented at SLDC, particularly at senior level. As part of our commitment to employing disabled people, all disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirement for vacancies will be guaranteed an interview.
Would you like to join us, share and develop the experience and above all, make a difference…?
For further information including the job description, person specification and details of how to apply, please visit our website.
To accompany your application, please upload a CV summarising your employment history, qualifications and relevant experience. Please note, we are unable to accept CVs alone for job vacancies.
Please click on the APPLY button to be redirected to the Council’s careers page.
Candidates with experience of 1st Line Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, IT Customer Support Advisor, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Technician, 2nd Line Support may also be considered for this role.