Sorry, this job has expired!
IT Infrastructure Engineer
Job Title: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Enfield, North London
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They are the world’s leading cloud native communications Software Company, whose award-winning solutions help power more than 1,000 service providers and mobile operators, providing highly scalable and fault tolerant systems that run right in the core of their networks. They’re internationally renowned for their exceptional technology, cutting-edge innovation and first-rate support – qualities they maintain by only recruiting, and retaining, the very best people.
They are looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their highly expert IT team, working alongside other engineers to build and support the IT infrastructure that the company depends on.
This is a full-time role, based in the Head Office in Enfield, North London (a great location only 30 minutes from Kings Cross or Moorgate while also being close to the Hertfordshire countryside). You will report to the Head of IT Infrastructure and work with a variety of operational teams and stakeholders across our business, particularly their 350-strong software engineering team who rely on the infrastructure to develop and test their products.
Your first few weeks will mostly be spent training on the various IT systems that the company supports, through both briefings and more hands-on practical activities. In time, you’ll be expected to take responsibility for a major infrastructure system, with duties including:
- Monitoring and managing the system to ensure it provides a quality service
- Proposing, designing and implementing enhancements to the system, based on requirements from stakeholders across the business
- Acting as third-line technical support for relevant escalations from the service desk team
- Working alongside other members of the team to help maintain their extensive IT infrastructure
This would be an excellent opportunity for someone who already has some second- or third-line IT support experience and is looking to move up to a more specialised role with more responsibility.
For this position, you will need the following skills/attributes.
- Good A-levels and is educated to degree level, ideally within a Computer Science or Engineering discipline
- Several years of IT experience, with a good knowledge of basic networking principles and an understanding of enterprise IT technologies
- Excellent time and project management skills
- The ability to take on ownership of a project and work well on their own initiative
- Strong communication skills.
Candidates should also have technical experience with most of the following areas.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 / 2016 Active Directory and server infrastructure
- Linux systems, deployment, configuration, automation, and management particularly Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- VMware vSphere virtualisation suite / Virtualisation Environments (KVM, OpenStack) including design & deployment
- Deployment pipelines
- Cisco routers, switches and wireless infrastructure
- Configuration management software, including Puppet for Linux and Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager for Windows
- Microsoft SharePoint Online, Exchange 2010+ / Exchange Online
- Monitoring software and systems
- Backup, DR and HA solutions.
- Good project management skills advantageous.
- Experience building and maintaining Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) would be advantageous.
They offer a competitive market salary and, once you have joined, your salary will be reviewed regularly based on your performance and contribution.
They also offer a comprehensive package of benefits including a bonus plan, company share plan, a non-contributory pension, life insurance and private medical insurance plans, plus a flexible holiday policy.
The Company is proud of its focus on and commitment to employees, and that their staff retention is exceptionally high. It’s a company that appreciates and looks after its people.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role, they look forward to hearing from you.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; 3rd Line, Senior Network Engineer, Network Engineer, Network Project Engineer, 2nd Line, Openstack, SonicWall Firewalls, Cisco, Meraki, IT Network Engineer, Information Systems, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, Network Solutions Engineer, IT Infrastructure Engineer, Servers and Email Migrations Engineer, Microsoft Windows Server, Network Analyst, Routers, LAN / WAN / IPSec / MPLS, IT Lead may also be considered for this role.