IT Support Engineer / 2nd / 3Rd Line Engineer / ICT Technician
£25000 - £35000 per annum
Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Location: Coleshill, Birmingham B46 3AL
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company provides IT Support, Managed IT Services, IT Solutions, Cloud, Security and Software Development for Birmingham and the Midlands.
Due to continued success the company is seeking an enthusiastic; customer service focused Technical Support Analyst to join the Service Desk support team at the company’s offices in Coleshill.
You will be the first point of contact for the company’s customers, so you will be someone who is passionate about giving great customer service and loves what they do.
The role involves, supporting customer’s IT hardware, software and infrastructure remotely. You’ll be responsible for completing detailed and accurate call records that will be used by the team for fault analysis and issue resolution.
They prides itself on giving first-class service and quality technical solutions. It’s important for the company to find individuals who are passionate about representing the company’s brand and building strong customer relationships.
So, if you’re looking for a career that’s not just challenging, but full of potential and rewards, with the opportunity to access in-depth training, then please get in contact.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose IT hardware, networking, hosted and software issues remotely
- Answer telephone calls and e-mails, and log support issues on the ticketing system to manage your call queue on Service Desk
- Actively monitor customer’s IT equipment for faults
- Offer technical advice and support to customer professionally
- Escalate issues to the relevant team / engineer / manufacturer as required
- Respond to customer’s support issues and requests in accordance with customer agreements
- Work as part of a team of Support Analysts – helping to improve and deliver quality service
What they’re looking for:
- A keen interest in IT technologies
- 2+ years experience in an IT Support environment
- Customer service focused
- A passion for trouble shooting and problem solving
- Be self-motivated with a drive to progress
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels
- Be a team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude and improve knowledge/learning
- Experience of supporting end users in an IT service environment
- Experience of LAN/WAN technologies, troubleshooting and setup
As a successful 2nd/3rd line Technical Support Analyst, you will have experience of:
- Active Directory (managing user accounts within AD and Troubleshooting)
- Group Policies (Troubleshooting, Setup)
- MS Exchange (management of user accounts, Troubleshooting and maintenance)
- Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating systems and Applications (support)
- MS Office 365 (management of user accounts, Troubleshooting and maintenance)
- Remote Desktop Services / Terminal Server (trouble shooting, connection issues and setup)
- LAN and WAN technologies including, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, IP Addressing, VPN, switching, routing, wired and wireless access (a basic networking understanding)
The Company offers the following:
- Attractive salary package, dependent on experience
- 20 Days’ holiday plus bank holidays increasing annually with service
- Employee benefits package including leisure, travel and retail discounts
- Employee referral bonus scheme
- Weekly dress down day
- Company pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Development opportunities
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
- All expenses paid, paid for certifications
- An excellent working environment!
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter highlighting why you think you are suitable for the position.
Candidates with experience of; IT, IT Helpdesk, IT Support Engineer, IT Customer Support, Helpdesk, IT Support, IT Support Technician, Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 3rd Line Infrastructure Engineer, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, ICT Systems Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 3rd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Technician, Technical Support, Technical Support Technician, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, ICT Technician, IT Systems Support, IT Technician, Information Technology, IT, 1st Line, 2nd Line, Technical Support Engineer, Technical Customer Support, Tech Support, Tech Support Services, Customer Support, IT, Customer Services, Remote Support, Engineer may also be considered for this role.