Sorry, this job has expired!
IT Support Technician / 1st / 2nd Line IT Support Engineer
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
A long established company in designing and manufacturing have an exciting opportunity within the IT team based in Preston. They’re looking for a support technician to work with the IT Manager in delivering all IT requirements across 2 sites. It’s a fast paced, challenging environment where no two days are the same so you’ll need to be able to adapt to ever changing priorities and remain calm under pressure.
They’d like you to have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role and be up for the challenge of supporting the IT Manager in taking their internal provisions to the next level. The job itself is detailed below and we’d like you to apply with your CV and a cover letter telling us a bit about what you could bring to the role.
To work as part of a team of IT infrastructure and Support Service to external/internal customers in line with the company objective of customer being at the heart of the business.
Providing first line technical support to users, helping to advise, develop and implement infrastructure improvements in line with department objectives, planning for and responding to service outages and any other problems in line with the agreed levels of service to the business.
- Maintains quality service to external/internal customers by developing strong communication links with users to identify their requirement and ensure their needs are met
- Provide follow up services to ensure customer satisfaction and resolve user issues
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers (mobile, telephone, internet etc.) to ensure the requirements and service levels of internal users are met.
- Ensure that the system data integrity is maintained at all times
- Provide support in setting up & maintaining product records on ERP & website
Equipment & Software
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Troubleshoot/analyse computer systems to identify and eliminate performance bugs and hardware malfunction
- Document system configurations, including updates made to a system and any new procedures or policies created in their work.
- Maintenance of appropriate levels of consumables, ensuring at all times that the appropriate stocks of spares and parts, including paper, toner is available and organising resupply as appropriate
- Design and implement processes for ensuring efficient IT operations in an organisation
- Keep up to date with current IT developments to ensure IT systems are relevant to the current market
Benefits of the company:
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays, increased with length of service
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Voluntary staff savings scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Life Insurance
- Staff awards scheme
- Social events through the year for staff and families
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: 1st Line Technical Support Advisor, 1st Line Technical Support Analyst, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, IT Systems Support, IT Customer Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Advisor, 2nd Line Technical Support Analyst, Helpdesk Engineer, IT Technician, IT Support Engineer, IT Service Engineer, IT Service Desk Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician may also be considered for this role.