Sorry, this job has expired!
IT Systems Engineer / Infrastructure Engineer
£35000 - £50000 per annum
Job Title: IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer
Salary: £35,000 – £50,000 per annum (+ phone allowance), dependant on skill set and certifications
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
As a Client and Tech focused IT MSP, they have a new opportunity for a technically focused person looking to move their career onto the next level. Due to their commitment of delivering high level solutions to the expanding range of clients, they are looking for an IT Systems & Infrastructure Engineer to join their technical team.
They have Offices in Newbury, Manchester and a team of field engineers working out of London and you could become part of this dynamic team, supporting a range of high-end Hotels and Corporate clients.
You will join the team of home-based technicians based within London, ideally within a 50-minute commute into central London, providing both onsite and remote support for their SMB and predominantly their growing hospitality-based clients across London, as well as working on client related projects implementing new solutions. They’re looking for a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced system & infrastructure engineer who has experience of a wide array of IT technologies and Hotel Solution’s and is comfortable working in both a technical support and project led environment.
They are looking for people with an enthusiasm for Technology, a skill set to deliver all requirements around a range of IT systems, along with the confidence to work on their own initiative. This opportunity is perfect for the person looking to work within a fast growing, yet established technology focused Managed Service Provider.
- Using PSA/RMM tools such as Autotask, AEM and IT Glue to provide enhanced support services to all clients
- Cloud solutions with Azure and Office 365
- Server infrastructure consisting of Windows, Citrix, and VMWare
- Server hardware consisting of HP/Aruba, Ruckus, Meraki, Watchguard, NAS, and SAN’s
- Knowledge of Hotel Software solutions including PMS, POS and Revenue systems
- Software systems consisting of Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop OS, Microsoft Cloud Technologies, Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy, SharePoint, Exchange, Remote Desktops, DHCP, DNS, VMWare, Data Protection, Security and Antivirus and other applications
- LAN / WAN / Wifi / VPN /SDWAN Mobile network architecture, devices and security consisting of routers, firewalls, switches, and SAN
- Cloud & On Prem Backup and Disaster Recovery processes, procedures and software, hardware, and architecture including off-site location
- Security process, procedures, network architecture that promote best practice security while maintaining a functional user base
- Pre-Sales Technical solutions design and assistance
- Being available to be deployed to a client site to resolve issues that require an onsite presence
- Project related installations of IT systems and solutions
- Maintaining technical documentation to ensure client records are up to date
- Working as part of a team on project related work, assisting with planning and implementation activities.
- Previous Experience within a similar role ideally within an MSP or IT Service Provider environment
- Knowledge or experience with Hotel Technologies would be very advantageous
- A desire to learn and adapt to new skills and technologies
- A great team player with the ability to inspire confidence in clients through helping non-technical people understand technical aspects
- A proven history of being able to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues across a client base with varying infrastructure and services within the commercial sector
- Networking knowledge and skills with experience of maintaining converged network solutions
- Office 365 & Azure knowledge and migration experience
- Knowledge of vSphere & Hyper-V – Hypervisors
- Experience in remote diagnostics along with analysis and monitoring
- Experience managing backup environments, both cloud and on-premise using Datto, StorageCraft & VEEAM
- Participating in ongoing projects such as the implementation of better working practices and system improvements.
A collaborative approach is always encouraged – they try to make it a fun and productive place to work, where everyone can always learn new things. They also offer competitive salaries, alongside a number of other benefits.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Hotel Technologies, VMWare, Microsoft Servers, Senior IT Technical Support, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, Infrastructure Engineer, Senior IT Engineer, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Senior Network Support, Server Support Technician may also be considered for this role.