Sorry, this job has expired!
Up to £20000 per annum
Job Title: IT Technician
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: Circa £20,000 Dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a Manchester based UK top 200 Law firm that specialises in Personal Injury including; public liability, occupier’s liability, employer’s liability and road traffic accidents.
Working with them is not just a job, it’s a career. The work they do improves people’s lives, and this is what will inevitably give you immense job satisfaction. If you would like to go home on an evening, proud of the work you have done, then this is the place for you.
This is a fulltime role that will be based at their head office in Northenden. The role’s focus will be to ensure the smooth running of the company’s IT technical resources and supporting staff with any hardware or software issues.
What will you be doing:
- Administration of in-house software;
- Desktop support and troubleshooting in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Windows 10/8/7 environments;
- Support for deployed printers, scanners and other peripherals across the network;
- Support for remote working arrangements through Microsoft Terminal Services;
- Support for company telecoms systems (Avaya), mobile phones or other mobile devices;
- Responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive asset register and warranty database;
- Support for security systems linked to the IT network.
What are they looking for:
- Experience of working within IT Support.
- Knowledge of Windows based operating systems and troubleshooting common problems.
- Understanding of network infrastructure and technology.
- Understanding of computer hardware and peripherals.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills across a broad spectrum of ICT disciplines.
- Ability to prioritise work received via helpdesk based on business or user impact.
- Strong communication skills and the capability to deal firmly with external contractors to ensure SLAs are always attained.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Must understand the concept of internal customers and ensure that internal stakeholders remain confident in the ability of the firm’s systems to deliver.
Salary and Holidays:
- Competitive Salary of £20000
- 23 days per year. Closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day. Any bank holidays worked will be awarded with 1.5x back.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Technical Support Engineer, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Desk Support, 2nd Line Support, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk Technician may be considered for this role.