Sorry, this job has expired!
Key Account Manager / Senior Sales Executive
£30000 - £34000 per annum + performance related bonus
Job Title: Key Account Manger
Location: Huntingdon, PE29 6WR
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 depending on experience + performance based bonus
Job type: Permanent, Full time
They’re a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. The Company supplies materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The role of the Key Account Manager is to develop the Company’s most important customers through customer visits. You should develop a deep understanding of your portfolio customers, creating individual customer plans to sustainably grow the business within the existing customer base in the UK and internationally where customers are able to communicate in English. You would be expected to work to sales targets and KPIs for a portfolio of accounts as well as developing business across the customer base.
The job holder will be instrumental in working with the Sales Director and other members of the sales team to develop the strategy and direction of the Sales function.
- To grow sales of a portfolio of customers developing new and maintaining existing relationships with those customers that will results in growth of sales and profits
- Identification of key customers from existing customer base to build existing share of the market and identification of prospective organic growth.
- Achieving portfolio and group sales targets set by the business.
- Undertaking frequent national and international travel where appropriate to attend meetings with prospective new customers together with site visits, exhibitions and events.
- Providing support to Sales Director on strategy and direction of the Sales.
- Ensure that the sales team meet the needs of the rest of the business by way of interaction and liaison with other departments
- To summarise key activities event and milestones for monthly reporting to Board and management meetings
- Managing customer relationships in terms of investigating and resolving complaints and issues and then provide guidance on improving processes to ensure that issues are not repeated.
- To assist in the Marketing and promotion by providing information for advertising campaigns
- By being aware of all group activities, to contribute towards the group wide business development and to support the Board to achieve business targets and objectives.
- To attend relevant exhibitions and customer site shows
- Must hold a minimum 2:2 degre in a relevant field e.g. Material Science or Chemistry or must have siginificant relevant experience working within one of those fields
- Experience in a peripatetic business development role
- Strong influencing, negotiation and relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Ability to mix customer service and sales when dealing with clients
- Creative and results driven
- Ability to provide technical advice to team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Proven track record in the sales arena
- Excellent presentation skills including writing and editing Powerpoint or Prezi.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, ability to extract data
- Knowledge of other languages would be an advantage
- Willingness to travel and be away from the office on a regular and frequent basis
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Sales, Sales Negotiator Sales Executive, Senior Sales Agent, Account Management, Direct Sales, B2B Sales, Business Development Executive, Business Development Manager, BDM, Sales, Sales Consultant, Key Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, Account Manager, Business to Business Sales, Client Account Manager, Customer Sales, Business Account Executive may also be considered for this role.