Up to £5441 per annum
Job Title: Kitchen Porter
Based: Olton, Solihull, B27 6PF
Salary: £5,441 pa based on 12hrs per week
Job Type: Permanent, Part Time (12 hours per week)
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd July 2020
The Trust is a dynamic charity which has a passion to deliver excellent care and support and make a real difference to people’s lives. They do this by providing safe, secure, affordable and well maintained housing, residential care, extra care housing and floating support.
They’re looking for part-time experienced Kitchen Porter to join the newly formed Catering Services Department, who will be working in conjunction with the Catering Assistants to provide nutritious home cooked meals, afternoon tea/suppers, snacks/sandwiches and cakes.
They have a well-equipped commercial catering kitchen, cooking for around 70 people daily and offer residents a high standard of home cooked food, utilising fresh produce whenever possible.
The role of the kitchen porter is an entry-level position but if you work diligently, you can steadily climb the career ladder. You need to be passionate about people, the service they receive and being part of a team.
As a kitchen porter you will be required to complete tasks in the kitchen including duties such as cleaning, washing up and some basic food preparation.
If you are looking for a job and don’t mind hard work, the role of the kitchen porter could be ideal. This is especially the case if you are efficient and hygienic.
- Wash crockery and utensils
- Daily clean of kitchen areas
- Deep clean of kitchen equipment
- Keep store areas neat and tidy
- Keep refrigeration and freezers organised
- Report failing equipment to the supervisor
- Basic food preparation
- Report health and safety hazards to the Supervisor
- Communicate effectively with staff and residents
- Provide support with deliveries
- An enhanced DBS check will be taken up for the successful candidate.
- Experience of working in a busy commercial kitchen
- Proficiency in English
- Friendly and focused personality
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Driven and ambitious
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Awareness of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Ability to work flexibly over a seven day week according to a staff rota
- A positive can-do attitude
- Shares the Trusts values
What they offer:
The Trust continues to reward staff with competitive pay rates and a number of employee benefits including:
- Starting on 31 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays (increases with service)
- An annual ‘wellbeing’ day for all staff
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance programme
- Long service awards
- Ongoing career development training
The Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for these roles please click APPLY button and information will be sent to your inbox
Please note should sufficient applications be received they reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time and recruit at any stage. They always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Catering Services Assistant, Food Catering, Restaurant Chef Assistant, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation, Cook Assistant, Kitchen Porter, Kitchen Assistant, Food Hygiene, Catering Chef, Chef Assistant, Food Preparation Assistant, Food Health and Safety Assistant will also be considered for this role