Job Title: Experienced Legal Secretary – Property
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hodge Halsall is a traditional but modern firm of solicitors offering a wealth of specialist knowledge to both corporate and individual clients not just locally but across the UK. The firm places importance on providing technically excellent advice with a practical and sensitive approach, working in partnership with its clients. Clients receive friendly and effective advice from a solicitor whom they can trust.
They are now looking for a full time experienced Legal Secretary with conveyancing experience to support the property department of a leading solicitors. Working within the Property Department you will be responsible for providing secretarial and administrative support to fee earners.
- Opening and creating new files.
- Creating and updating estate accounts on Excel.
- Sending and receiving faxes and emails.
- Preparing letters, memos and bills.
- Typing complex documents.
- Copy typing.
- Audio typing on digital audio system.
- Maintaining diaries.
- Making and taking telephone calls.
- Seeing clients in reception when necessary.
- Dealing with new client enquiries.
- Attending deceased’s home with fee earner to gather paperwork and items of value.
- Covering for other secretaries and reception as required.
- Any other duties that are reasonably asked of you by the partners.
- Super organised
- Friendly and helpful
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Trustworthy, discreet and reliable
- Articulate and a good communicator
- Good with English (verbally and written)
- Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Excel and MS Office)
- Able to work in a team
- Calm under pressure
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Legal Secretary, Legal Assistant may also be considered for this role.