Sorry, this job has expired!
Linux Engineer / Linux Server Engineer / AWS
Up to £50000 per annum + excellent benefits
Job Title: Linux Engineer
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Salary: £50,000 per annum + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:30; on occasion required to work US hours)
The Company is an exciting established Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Their customers include some of the best-known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia. Today, their aim is simple: To help their customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what’s refreshingly different about this Company.
They work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Their cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, they’re a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. They’re serious about what they do, but certainly have a sense of humour. It’s is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of this unique success story.
Their values sit at the heart of their culture and are summarised below.
- They Encourage and support everyone to grow
- They Challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others.
- As trusted advisors, they use their Knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for clients.
- They take personal Ownership to strive for excellence in whatever they do
- They are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true Humanity
To support this success, the Company are seeking an exceptional Linux Engineer to join their innovative and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a role with future career progression prospects.
As a Linux Engineer with an exceptionally fast-growing technology company you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technologies.
- Accountable for day to day maintenance of company’s globally distributed server infrastructure (Physical & Cloud-based)
- Assist in the creation and management of network and system monitoring tools
- Handle change management requests / code deployments
- Develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability and security posture
- Research and evaluate new technologies
- Excellent command line Linux experience
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (eg Bash / Python / Ruby)
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS
- Familiarity with tools such as Puppet, Ansible and Terraform would be advantageous but not crucial
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Splunk)
- Experience with any RDBMS solutions (MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle)
- Experience with Scripting and Automation (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Repositories (GIT / SVN)
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and dynamic environments
On a personal level, they are looking for a self-starter, a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and, above all, they’re looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with them as a company.
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
Please be aware; due to the immediate start of this role, they will not be providing any relocation packages or sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must already be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Linux Server Administrator, Linux Systems Administrator, Server Administrator, Server Maintenance Administrator, Linux Server Technician, Systems Developer, Systems Support, Software Support, MySQL, Nagios, Python Administrator, Systems Administrator, Systems Support will also be considered for this role.