Litigation Assistant / Paralegal
Up to £18500 per annum
Job Title: Litigation Assistant
Location: Northenden, Manchester
Salary: £18,500 per annum
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday
At the firm, they pride themselves in the work they do helping injured people. They are a top 200 Law Company that specialises in personal injury. They cover every area of personal injury including public liability, occupier’s liability, road traffic accidents, employer’s liability, industrial disease, serious injuries and clinical negligence matters.
The first step on this journey is the position of Litigation Assistant in one of their Departments (Costs, OL/PL, EL, RTA, Clinical Negligence).
They see the Litigation Assistant role as a steppingstone towards even greater things – to Litigation Executive where, after sufficient tenure (usually circa 12 months), you may apply for the period of recognised training, subject to the application criteria i.e. demonstrable success and commitment in the role.
Some of their graduate teams may begin the role as a Litigation Executives, handling their own files. They are looking for people who – with further investment by them – will make excellent litigation lawyers. At any one time they have up to 20 trainee solicitors.
No matter which department you’re in (RTA, EL, OL/PL, Clin Neg) your day to day duties will include:
- Chasing by telephone e.g. medical records, police reports, engineer assessments, client statements.
- Detail checking. Making sure the initial attendance is accurate. Keeping the case management file fully up to date.
- Client care
- Document analysis. Research, review of expert reports, review of denials, quantum reviews, drafting of court documentation, attending applications, attending conferences, taking notes.
- Witness statements
- Weekly reviews with supervisors
- Four monthly appraisals to discuss you and your career
- Task management. You will be supporting a lawyer and their clients
- Case progression
You’ll need to have strong legal academic achievement (LLB, LLM, LPC, GDL). Usually this will be in tandem with relevant work experience, to show a desire for helping injured people as well as strong commercial acumen.
You’ll also need to demonstrate you have the right attitude, and want to learn and progress
They’re after people who show professionalism, maturity and aptitude for client handling and ability to deal with pressure. This is an autonomous role and you will be expected to take responsibility for the tasks in your remit.
They are looking for their Trainee Solicitors of the future, so they need to see the correct skills. They offer an uncapped number of Trainee Solicitors, and they offer rolling admittance dates throughout the year.
What they can offer you
- Personal Injury Academy – 3 weeks of bespoke training, equipping you with a solid foundation to progress and achieve in the role from the outset. This is an unrivalled and unparalleled offering
- Thereafter you will have further in-depth training on Personal Injury litigation modules throughout your journey to a training contract
- Their trainers include 2 Partners with over 62 years combined PQE gained in Personal Injury litigation, as well as an IT Trainer and a Soft Skills Trainer. Together your induction plan on black letter law, soft skills, IT skills and call handling skills will be delivered
- Weekly reviews with supervisors and 3 formal appraisals per annum to discuss you and your career
The company always recruit and retain the best staff. To do so they offer competitive remuneration packages, ongoing training and development opportunities and a wide variety of interesting and challenging work. Additionally, they also offer the following incentives:
- 23 days holiday, rising 1 day per year to 26 days, plus bank/public hols. 3 of these days are reserved for the Christmas office closure
- 3 holiday buy backs per year after 1 year of service
- Private medical insurance available after 2 years’ service
- Life Assurance – 2 x salary based on annual salary only – eligibility commences when you join the company
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme, in addition to auto-enrolment option
- Active social committee, Company pays for trips to e.g. Bowling, Quiz Night, Christmas party, Summer Barbecue plus in-team events such as Escape Rooms, Junkyard Golf etc.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free fruit delivered twice a week for all employees
- Strong track record of training and promotions throughout the Company
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Training Plan, Junior Paralegal, Trainee Solicitor, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Legal Aid will also be considered for this role.