Sorry, this job has expired!
Maintenance Engineer / Field Service Engineer
£17 - £19 per hour
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Field Based covering London and surrounding area
Salary: £17 – £19 per hour (DOE)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company founded in 1988. They are specialists in natural and smoke ventilation systems and have been importing, manufacturing, supplying, installing and commissioning smoke ventilation systems for over 30 years for a variety of projects of all shapes and sizes.
The company is seeking an experienced engineer to work remotely, predominantly covering London and the surrounding areas. As a Maintenance Engineer working remotely, you will be required to deliver a professional and efficient service in relation to the testing, repair, inspection and maintenance (both planned & reactive) of life safety smoke control systems.
- Test, repair, inspect and maintain a wide range of life safety equipment (natural and mechanical smoke ventilation systems) in accordance with the relevant legislation, company specification and manufacturers guidelines
- Document tasks completed and other relevant information pertaining to the visit, in a service report, recorded using paper or electronic job sheets utilising the iPhone provided and/or correct paperwork
- To provide detailed defect reporting and to liaise with clients to resolve defects, advise on the possible causes and solutions that will prevent reoccurrence
- You are to provide full assistance to the maintenance department in the preparation of remedial quotations
- To liaise with the maintenance department highlighting potential sales opportunities for the full range of products and services offered by the company
The successful Candidate will:
- Will have a strong ability to fault find and undertake technical assessment with a view to resolving problems
- Have effective defect reporting with the ability to convey viable suggestions for resolution of issues
- Good organisational and planning skills to ensure that tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner whilst working autonomously
- Needs to be self-driven with an ability to converse with customers and colleagues in a polite and respectful manner
- Needs to have a flexible approach
- Will be required to occasionally work unsociable hours
- Have an understanding of electrical circuits within control panels
- An ability to problem-solve, think outside of the box and provide thorough solutions
- Will have a professional appearance reflecting the company’s values
- Have a Full driving licence (max 6 points)
- 17th or 18th Edition Electrical qualification or other recognised electrical qualification
- Gold Card Electrician with testing and inspecting qualifications
- Experience working at height
- Will preferably have a Fire Alarm or Smoke Ventilation qualification
- Some experience of working within the smoke ventilation/ life safety industry
- Site experience, ideally holding a CSCS Card
You must be flexible on working hours. You will be expected to work Monday through to Fridays and be onsite standard business hours. Occasionally you may be required to attend to an emergency callout with little notice dependant on the nature of the defect.
- 23 days paid holiday, increasing up to a maximum of 30 days per annum
- Company van, Laptop & iPhone
- Group Pension Scheme
- BUPA Healthcare for all employees after qualifying period
- Company funded activities at Christmas and in the summer
- Development Programme, up to 100% funding for development programmes for all staff
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Field Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Multi-skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mobile Technician, Fault Repair Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mobile Engineer Controller, Operations Coordinator, Operations Supervisor may also be considered for this role.