Sorry, this job has expired!
Maintenance Fitter / Repair Technician / Service Engineer
Job Title: Maintenance Fitter
Location: St Albans
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Hours per week: Monday to Friday, 50 hours per week with alternate Saturdays. Training will take place between 6.00am and 4pm. Although, the candidate must be able to work 2.00pm to 12.00am (midnight) on a permanent basis.
The Company, a family owned businesses who have been in the recycling industry for over 100 years, are recruiting for an experienced plant fitter to work at their St Albans Location, Maintaining and repairing the Sorting systems, Balers and various picking lines on site.
The applicant must be able to carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and breakdown repairs on Motors, Rollers, Conveyors, processing screens and various baling equipment.
A background within Recycling, Waste, Construction, Demolition or Quarrying industry would be particularly appropriate and this role will suit an “all-rounder” with a flexible attitude and proactive working style.
- Maintaining all fixed plant, including planned servicing inspections, emergency breakdowns and repairs.
- Ensure planned servicing schedules are adhered to in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications and company policies.
- Inspect and service all fixed plant to a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule specified by the original equipment manufacturer (OEM) and company requirements.
- Carry out a large variety of general yard maintenance ranging from painting to cleaning gutters
- Carry out Plant safety inspections in line with group policy.
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner whilst adhering to (QHSE) obligations under the Health & Safety at work ACT 1974 and follow the code of safe working practice in the work place.
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.)
- Experience in maintaining material transfer equipment (conveyor belts, sorting screens etc.)
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Must have a flexible approach
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Electrical experience
- Welder / Fabricator
- Good Communicator
- Follow both written and verbal instruction
- Computer literate
- PLC system expertise
- Experience dealing with operational Staff
- Operational experience within a Processing/Recycling or Waste Facility.
Applicants must ensure they are able to work the required shift.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job title of; Service Technician, Welder, Mechanical Maintenance Technician, Fitter, Fabricator, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Service Engineer, Electrical Maintenance Engineer, Installation Engineer, Repairs Engineer may also be considered for this role.