Maintenance / Workshop Fitter
Job Title: Maintenance / Workshop Fitter
Location: St Albans
Job type: Permanent, Full-Time
Working Hours: 6.00am to 4.00pm and / or 2.00pm to 12.00am (midnight)
The Company, a family owned businesses who have been in the recycling industry for over 100 years, are currently looking for Maintenance / Workshop Fitter to join their team based out of St Albans.
The applicant must be able to carry out planned maintenance and breakdown repairs on the Mobile plant and/or Fixed Plant, Rollers, Conveyors and other baling equipment operating at their St Albans Location in Hertfordshire.
A background within Recycling, Waste, Construction, Demolition or Quarrying industry would be particularly appropriate and this role will suit an “all-rounder” with a flexible attitude and proactive working style.
- Ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications
- Inspect and service all vehicles, plant and equipment in line with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) minimum standards
- Carry out Plant safety inspections in line with group fleet policy
- Maintain prepare and present vehicles for annual LOLOR testing
- Conduct daily duties in a safe working manner
- Report any unsafe acts, hazards, defective equipment to your safety advisor and maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) and fixed plant equipment at their site in St Albans
- Maintaining all mobile plant, servicing inspections, Breakdowns and repairs
- Maintaining all plant, servicing inspections, Breakdowns and repairs.
- Ensure servicing schedules are followed in accordance with the Manufacturers specifications.
Key skills & Experience:
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Must have a flexible approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Electrical experience
- Welder / Fabricator.
- Good Communicator
- Follow both written and verbal instruction
- Major component overhaul skills (Engine, Gearbox, Braking systems)
- Specialist skills (Pneumatic Welding, Hydraulics, Electrical systems)
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.)
- Major component overhaul skills (Motors, Gearbox, Hydraulics)
- Specialist skills (Welding, Hydraulics, Electrical systems)
- Possess personal basic engineering tool kit (Spanners, sockets, screwdrivers etc.).
- Experience in maintaining waste handling equipment is preferred, not essential.
- Computer literate
- Experience in maintaining waste handling equipment
- Experience dealing with operational Staff
- Operational experience within a Processing/Recycling or Waste Facility
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Service technician, Welder, Installation and Repair Technician, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Electrical Engineer, Fitter, Fabricator, Electrical Engineer, Engineer, Field Service Engineer, Technician, Heavy Machinery Mechanic may also be considerate for this role.