Management Accountant / Qualified Accountant
£43000 - £48000 per annum
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent
Salary: £43,000 – £48,000 depending on experience + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company manufacture & distribute power, monitoring & control products and systems for marine, vehicle, off grid & commercial applications.
This position provides financial management information for the businesses and ensures the businesses complies with their statutory financial responsibilities as well as protecting and progressing the companies’ growth in UK and International markets.
The ideal candidate will have thorough experience of working in a manufacturing environment and be looking to drive their career forward with a small, innovative businesses.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Analysis of financial results for management team, development of key performance indicators. Investigating variances and monitoring results against budget
- Hands-on Management of balance sheets and supporting reconciliations
- Preparation of cashflow forecasts and management of cashflow on a day to day basis
- Manage all aspects of the accounts function, reviewing accounting procedures, making changes to improve efficiency and control
- Preparation and monitoring of the annual budget in conjunction with the senior management team
- Liaise with other members of staff to ensure correct management, control and accounting procedures in the MRP software system
- Utilise the MRP system to develop working capital and profitability analysis e.g. stock turn, stock ageing
- Oversee preparation of monthly payroll and ensure compliance with all matters relating to payroll including pensions
- Preparation of VAT returns, Intrastat Returns , P11Ds, liaising with HMRC as required
- Liaise with external accountants on preparation of the statutory accounts and general tax matters as required
- Liaise with bank and invoice discounters on general management of the facilities and preparation of forecasts as required. Provision of abbreviated management accounts to bank on a timely basis
- Preparation of financial information for grant applications and others as required
- Managing and ensuring the ongoing training of accounts team
- Attend senior management meetings
- Formal accountancy qualification (ACCA / CIMA / ACA)
- On-going skills training as appropriate
- Ideally experienced in a manufacturing business environment
- Minimum of 5 years senior management experience
- Broad computer skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with SAGE & Xero
- Multi-currency experience
- Working with senior management across a range of departments
- Up to date with latest accounting standards & software
- Confident liaising with external agencies
- 28 days per year including Bank Holidays, pro rata. Rising with length of service
- Competitive workplace pension
- Private Healthcare
The successful candidate will have to liaise with staff members from other departments within the company. The company will provide internal and external product training.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Officer, Part Qualified Accountant, Senior Financial Assistant, Finance Officer, Accountant, Accounts Analyst, Senior Finance Assistant, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Accountant, and Finance Assistant may also be considered for this role.