Sorry, this job has expired!
£28000 - £35000 per annum
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Coleshill, Birmingham B46 3AL
Salary: £28,000 – £35,000 depending on experience
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
The Company provides IT Support, Managed IT Services, IT Solutions, Cloud, Security and Software Development for Birmingham and the Midlands. They are currently looking to recruit an AAT or ACCA/CIMA part qualified Management Accountant to oversee their expanding finance function.
They are looking for a motivated and ambitious accountant, who is ready to work in a hands on and fast moving role, picking up new skills and experience on the way. Working as part of a small finance team in the Coleshill offices, you will support the Managing Director and act as a senior member of the team in overseeing the Sales and Purchase Ledger functions, whilst playing a key role in month and year end procedures.
- Bank reconciliation
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Stock valuation
- Assist with payroll processing
- Ensure all purchase invoices are correctly authorised
- To determine cost savings from the purchase ledger information
- Emphasis on cost control
- Reconcile customer statements
- Ensure all purchase order documentation is complete
- Work closely with the Office Manager to ensure all purchasing and credit control functions are covered.
- Accruals and Prepayments
- Production and reporting of management accounts
- Assisting the management team with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements.
- Coordinating and liaising with external accountants.
- Participating in year-end/month-end analysis.
- Identifying efficiencies and improvements to processes in place and putting them in practice.
- A variety of ad hoc finance tasks
This role is ideal if you are looking for a full and well-rounded foundation of accounts experience as well as experience working with an excellent management team. Ideally you will be AAT qualified or part qualified ACCA/CIMA and actively studying towards qualification.
- Experienced in the use of QuickBooks Online.
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, lookups etc.)
- Be a highly motivated and focused individual who has worked in a similar role in a fast paced environment
- Positive and open attitude to work, strong desire to learn, develop and progress within the role and further.
- AAT Qualified or ACCA/CIMA Part-Qualified (studying) would be desirable, will also consider ‘qualified by experience’
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter highlighting why you think you are suitable for the position.
Candidates with experience of Finance Officer, Part Qualified Accountant, Senior Financial Assistant, Finance Officer, Accountant, Accounts Analyst, Senior Finance Assistant, AAT, ACCA, CIMA, Accounts Reconciliation, Bank Reconciliation, Finance Accountant, and Finance Assistant may also be considered for this role.