Sorry, this job has expired!
Manufacturing Manager / Head of Manufacturing
Job Title: Manufacturing Manager (Director Designate)
Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a well-established manufacturer and renowned experts in machining, bonding and finishing engineering grade plastics, especially Acrylic. They supply global, blue-chip customers in industries including life sciences, medical devices and industrial applications with solutions including fluidic manifolds and optical components.
You will be in charge of the company’s manufacturing activities ensuring consistent high product quality, on time delivery and improvements in production efficiency. You will help define and implement the future manufacturing strategy, including structural and organisational changes as required. You will work closely with the Quality and Sales departments to ensure customers’ requirements are consistently met. Leaning on your experience to introduce modern practices to streamline production, drive process improvements to increase equipment effectiveness and reduce waste. You will prepare monthly reports and present these at Board Meetings.
It is a contract manufacturing environment with multiple machines and disciplines, including CNC Mills, CNC lathes, fabrication, polishing, bonding and finishing. The company has circa 50 employees.
The position is suitable for someone with a strong background in multi-discipline manufacturing in a senior role with strong leadership skills and a track history of successful change management.
Skills and Experience:
- Strategic thinking – Forward looking mind-set to anticipate future needs and issues, make critical decisions and put in place actions ahead of time
- Communication skills – Professional and skilled communicator both written and verbal
- Management systems and implementation – Comfortable with MRP systems and shop floor processes to control the progress of orders and scheduling. Identifying system weaknesses and implementing solutions to address these
- Project Management – Overseeing multiple projects with a range of scopes, being proactive and managing staff to achieve excellent results
- Good Health and Safety practices
- Training focus – Proactive attitude to training, putting together plans to develop staff
- Leadership – Confident decision maker, motivational, ability to engage and listen to the existing team and steer them in the desired direction
- Change Management – Identifying opportunities for improvements, implementing these and getting buy-in from the team
- Lean & 5S
- Production expertise – Sound knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes and equipment
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree or appropriate Level 5 Qualification
- CNC milling or turning
- Contract manufacturing
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Head of Production, Production Director, Production Manager, Manufacturing Operations Manager, Manufacturing Operations Director, Engineering & Maintenance Manager, Site Operations Manager, Factory Head, Plant Manager, Senior Operations Lead may also be considered for this role.