Sorry, this job has expired!
Materials Picker / Warehouse Operative / Packer
Up to £19000 per annum
Job Title: Materials Picker and Packer
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6WR
Salary: Circa £19,000 depending on experience
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The materials preparation and packing department is a key element within the customer service proposition. This work provides a critical factor within the supply chain and the attainment of the company’s strategic goals globally.
You will play a key role in their customer service proposition in making sure that the customer gets the right product to the right specification, in the right time. Working in an efficient and effective manner, you will deal with a range of product requests, ensuring that they reach the customer in great condition.
- Prepare and package a variety of materials for delivery to customers
- Confirming and checking order details
- Identifying the order requirement from stock
- Selecting pre-cut or packaged materials
- Cutting foil, rods or other material to a specified size and tolerance, using hand tools such as guillotines
- Ensuring product is safely and securely packaged with the correct packaging and label
- Maintaining and storing stock in a safe manor
- Keeping the work environment safe and tidy
- Updating stock quantities via internal stock management systems
- Despatching materials via courier and collection scheduling
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in an industrial, retail or other suitable sector within a packaging, picking type role as well as some experience of working in small team.
- Attention to detail and quality
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Care and patience towards dealing with fragile and delicate materials
- Ability to follow specification instructions
- Experience of using computer systems
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Willingness to take on new ways of working
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Good communication skills
- Competency in basic mathematics
- Basic knowledge of metals, materials, polymers or ceramics
- Free AVIVA private Medical insurance after probation
- Company Private Pension contribution
- Initial 22 Days annual leave plus BH
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Person, Warehouse picker, Goods Warehouse Operative, Warehouse Assistant, Process Operative, Processing Assistant, Processing Coordinator, Despatch Coordinator, Line Operative, Production Operative, Servicing Operative, Dispatch Coordinator may also be considered for this role.