Sorry, this job has expired!
Mechanic / HGV Mechanic / Vehicle Technician
£18720 - £33280 per annum
Job Title: Mechanic – Agricultural / HGV
Location: Bentham, LA2 7LW
Salary: £18,720 – £33,280 per annum
Position: Full Time, Permanent (8.30-17.00 Monday – Friday)
Due to expansion and a high level of work, the Company are looking for a mechanic to join their busy team. The company deals primarily with Mercedes Benz Unimogs. You don’t need Unimog experience, as on the job training will be given but good mechanical knowledge and experience would be a great advantage.
No two jobs are the same so their work is interesting and varied; from routine maintenance to specialist conversions, performance upgrades and full restorations giving you the opportunity to develop new and refine existing skills.
The Company is an established independent dealer selling refurbished second-hand Mercedes Benz Unimogs and new and used spare parts as well as their own range of specially developed Unimog accessories.
Their team enjoys excellent working conditions in their modern, fully equipped workshop.
The work is interesting and varied and no two days are the same. Some examples of the type of work they do:
- Carrying out routine repairs & maintenance to all vehicle systems; engine, transmission, axles, hydraulics, electrics
- Special adaptations; e.g. left to right hand drive conversions
- Mechanical work; e.g. changing engine to different type, changing ratios in axles etc.
- Refurbishment work including cab changes
- Renovation & restoration of older vehicles to top standards
- Repair and modification of hydraulic systems
- Fitting PTO systems
- Fitting accessories e.g. 3 point linkages, tow hitches etc.
- Fitting camper boxes to vehicles
- Basic fabrication work – making brackets, repairing steps etc.
- Bodywork repair
The successful Candidate will have/ be:
- Experience of Unimogs/tractors/HGVs would be an advantage
- Good all round mechanical skills
- Ability to work under supervision and on own initiative
- Keen eye for detail spotting problems and diagnosing work and parts needed based on symptoms
- Working quickly and efficiently to get work done thoroughly & to a high standard but on time
- Strong, fit and healthy – you’ll be working with heavy machinery and tools on a daily basis
- Engineering experience or qualifications are an advantage
- Welding/bodywork/fabrication skills are an advantage
What’s on offer?
- 20 days holiday plus bank holiday
- Generous company pension scheme
- Permanent with a three month probationary period
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician, HGV Technician, HGV Engineer, LGV Mechanic, Maintenance Technician, Ancillary Equipment Maintenance, Vehicle Maintenance Engineer, LGV Engineer, Maintenance Support, Maintenance Engineer, Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance, Ancillary Equipment Engineer, Maintenance Support Technician, Maintenance Support Engineer, Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic, Repairs Technician, HGV Maintenance Mechanic, Ancillary Equipment Technician, Maintenance Mechanic, HGV Vehicle Technician, Vehicle Maintenance, Ancillary Equipment Repairs, Heavy Goods Vehicle Engineer may be considered for this role.