Sorry, this job has expired!
MIG Welder / Welding Technician / Fabricator
£23441 - £25502 per annum
Job Title: MIG Welder
Location: Axminster, Devon
Salary: £23,441 – £25,502 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 07:30 – 16:30; Friday 07:30 – 13:30)
Based in Axminster, Devon, the company has grown since 1966 to become one of the UK’s leading stove manufacturers. Key to their long term success is their highly loyal and dedicated workforce who build exceptional products and offer exemplary services to retail partners.
Their continued investment in people, plant and products means they often have exciting opportunities for others to become part of the team in this growing company.
They can offer a competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement, including additional leave based on length of service
- Sickness scheme
- Discount for staff purchases
- Cyclescheme – save money on a bike and accessories
- Free car parking
The Welder’s main work area will be: Welding bays.
The Welder may at times be required to assist on other production operations, to suit business needs.
- Produce welded parts to specification, in mild and stainless steel, 0.9 mm to 10mm
- Re-work returned goods and internal non-conforming parts as required
- Ensure all tasks are completed within ‘standard time’
- Ensure daily and weekly equipment checks and maintenance is completed
- Ensure gas and welding wire are changed in a timely fashion to prevent line stoppage
- Report any faults and discuss improvement opportunities with the Manufacturing Foreman
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained within your own work area, clean down bay daily
- Ensure all Company Health and Safety Procedures and Safe Systems of Working are followed
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment is used as directed, maintained and stored correctly
- Ensure all Company Quality Standards are maintained
- Ensure compliance to all Company Rules and Regulations
- Any other reasonable task as directed by your Line Manager
- Minimum three years welding fabrication experience in manufacturing environment
- Able to read and understand technical drawings and work instructions
- TIG welding experience an advantage
- Well organised, with a systematic approach to work
- Conscientious with a high attention to detail
- 21 days of annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, increasing by 1 day at every 2 years’ service, to a maximum of 24 days
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Welder, Skilled Welder, Fabricator, Welding Technician, Fabricator Welder, Welding Engineer, Welding, Finishing Welder, Fabrication, MIG Fabricator, TIG Welder, TIG Fabricator, Manufacturing Welder, Manufacturing Fabricator will also be considered for the role.