Multi-skilled Engineer / Electrical Engineer
£35000 - £36500 per annum
Job Title: Multi-skilled Engineer / Electrical Engineer
Salary: £35,000 – £36,500 pa
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent – Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off rotating across day and night shifts (no Saturday PM working)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented multi-skilled engineer with an electrical bias looking for a new challenge.
The company is a leading pet food manufacturer whose industry knowledge spans over 135 years.
They have a portfolio of brands offering a variety of products for pets and wild animals, each offering a unique insight into animals from dogs to ducks and produces high-quality products that cater to a wide variety of consumer needs.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer you will be required to work closely with the production team maintaining and servicing all processing machinery across two sites to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all preventative maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption. You will need to have worked in a similar manufacturing environment and be able to carry out preventative maintenance, fault finding and deal with machine down-time efficiently.
You’ll rotate as part of a multi-disciplinary team working seven days a week across both day and night shifts (Saturday night shift is always off). Excellent communication skills are a must as well as a flexible and proactive approach to ensure the needs of the business are met.
- As a Multi Skilled Engineer, you will work collaboratively within the engineering team
- You’ll action any repairs and ensure that all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised
- You will be involved in electrical and mechanical proactive and re-active maintenance
- You will carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- You will provide assistance in troubleshooting and identification of equipment problems
- You will maintain relationship with operators to foster a good team environment when working on the equipment
- You will be able to writes SOP’s and other technical documents in support of the engineering department as well as the end users
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and practices
- Conforming to company health and safety procedures and policies
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Time served electrical apprenticeship or equivalent
- ONC/HNC in engineering or equivalent
- Good experience and able to demonstrate a methodical approach to fault finding, including PLC’s
- Excellent I.T Skills
- The successful candidate will hold a strong engineering background, ideally electrically bias with mechanical skills
- Conversant with Health & Safety rules, regulations and best practices
- Ability to prioritise workload and concisely record information
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics.
Please note: due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position and so candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Site Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Multiskilled Engineer, Field Service Technician, Service Technician, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Technician, Repair Engineer, Repair Technician and Fault Repair Engineer may also be considered for this role.