Sorry, this job has expired!
Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
£19446 - £21074 per annum
Job Title: Multi Skilled Maintenance Operative
Location: Cromer, Norfolk
Salary: £19,446 – £21,074 per annum
Job Type: Full time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
Closing date: 5pm on Monday 11th March 2019
Interview date: Monday 18th March 2019
The Council is looking for a ‘hands on’ multi skilled operative to join their busy property services team undertaking all the programmed improvements and general maintenance works, such as carpentry, plumbing, painting and minor building works on all their council owned buildings and assets.
To support the existing Maintenance Team by undertaking programmed small works on buildings and assets. These include, carpentry, plumbing, minor building works, painting and general maintenance. You will also be required to support the team on reactive works and be available to assist on emergency call outs when required.
- To undertake a wide range of multi skilled maintenance tasks, including plumbing, carpentry, and general maintenance and construction for assets within a scheduled programmed time. Completing them to a high specification standard
- To maintain records of work/job sheets completed and communicate effectively on any potential issues regarding the works completed to the Property Services Team Leader/ Project Support Officer
- Ability to manage a busy workload and schedule the work priorities to meet the requirements of the programmed works
- To provide out of hours cover as requested by the out of hours’ service or Property Service Programme Manager
- Ability to work with the Maintenance Team when required, assisting on ad hoc advents, such as high profile media campaigns
- To undertake relief caretaker cover, such as opening and closing, setting the alarms on council’s buildings as and when required
- To take responsibility for your own Health & Safety at work and that of the other persons who may be affected by your actions
- Any undertake other work required and as directed within the confines of the existing grading and post
- Have relevant experience as a multi skilled building operative or trade
- Ability to understand basic construction drawings and build to plan
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Health and Safety work practices
- Ability to manage works programme and work unsupervised
- Completed an Apprenticeship, or hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 or equivalent (eg City & Guilds Basic Craft Certificate)
- Good general standard of education, (Literacy and Numeracy Aptitude Test)
- Hold a CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving Licence
The post will work on a two-week rotational shift pattern, (Week 1: Monday – Friday 08:00am -16: 00pm & Week 2: Tuesday – Saturday 08:00am – 16:00pm).
To apply for the role please click the APPLY button and further information will be sent to your email.
The Council is committed to equality and diversity in employment and encourages applications from all sections of the community.
They offer employees a friendly working environment, flexible working hours, a career average pension scheme and take pride in achieving Investors in People Gold standard.
Candidates with experience of: Multi-Skilled Operator, Maintenance Operator, Facilities Operator, Facilities Coordinator, Facilities Advisor, Facilities Consultant, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Facilities Management Coordinator, Facilities Officer, Facilities Maintenance, Property Services Coordinator, Building Services Coordinator, Building Services Operator, General Maintenance Operator, General Maintenance Coordinator, General Maintenance Operator, Site Coordinator may also be considered for this role.