New Claims Administrator / Junior Claims Handler
Job Title: New Claims Administrator
Location: West Malling, Kent
Job type: Full time, Permanent
Woodgate & Clark is a dynamic, highly responsive commercial loss adjusting business with over 45 years’ experience.
It is a trusted and secure provider of commercial loss adjusting services to major commercial insurers and its clients represent a major segment of the UK commercial insurance market.
The core focus is delivering professional standards of technical excellence and superior levels of customer care. We have a passion for service delivery which sets us apart in our field.
We are looking for a New Claims Administrator to receive new claim instructions, making initial contact with relevant parties and obtaining further information as to the nature and extent of loss. After validating new claims, you will allocate them to an appropriate adjuster and issue new claim acknowledgements in accordance with client SLAs.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working within the insurance sector, preferably within a First Notification of Loss (FNOL) or customer service team. They will thrive working in a busy environment and have confidence in making first contact with the insured to gain information to help allocate the appropriate resource to the claim. London market experience and knowledge of the Lloyd’s market, although not essential, would be a distinct advantage. This is a role with great development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Receiving new claim instructions by telephone and e-mail, obtaining and recording all relevant information to bespoke template
- Manage new claims notified in accordance with agreed SLA’s
- Reviewing/validating information against different client schemes
- Making initial contact with relevant parties and obtaining further information as to nature and extent of loss in accordance with SLA’s
- After validating each new claim identify the nature and extent of the claim to allocate to the appropriate adjuster and issue new claim acknowledgements
- Ensures all activities and decisions improve the service provided for clients
- Builds trust and respect by keeping to the commitments made
- Communicates effectively in all situations
- Shares information, knowledge and experience freely with others
- Seeks feedback and invests time in their own self-development both technically and behaviourally
- English & Mathematics GCSE
- 2 years’ Insurance experience
- Extensive customer service experience
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Accurate data entry experience in a claim’s environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Competitive base salary
- Death in Service benefit
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days holiday
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Please note that due to the nature of the role, no sponsorship or relocation packages will be available for this position so all candidates must be eligible to both live and work in the UK to be considered.
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Claims Support, Customer Services Executive, Customer Service Representative, Customer Assistant, Claims Admin, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Customer Service Advisor, Inbound Customer Services, Insurance Claims Assistant, Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Insurance Claims, Claims Advisor may also be considered for this role.