Nursery Nurse / Nursery Assistants / Childcare Assistant
Job Title: Nursery Assistant
Location: West Sussex
Job type: Part Time, Permanent – Monday to Friday
Closing Date: noon on Wednesday 30th October 2019
The School is a delightful independent standalone prep school of 365 boys and girls aged 2 to 13 set in 260 acres of beautiful Sussex countryside. The tremendous grounds include a Forest School and a School Farm. The school has a proud record of feeding many of the top day and boarding schools in the South East, with a large proportion of leaving students achieving scholarships and awards.
They are looking for Bank Teaching Assistants for their EYFS Department. The role is to provide short notice and some planned notice cover for all the age ranges within the department.
They are looking for a Nursery Assistants for the 2 – 3 year old room in their Nursery and to work within their Wrap Around Care. You will work within the requirements set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years and contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all the children in the room, across the Nursery and in their Wrap Around Care.
You will work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of physical and emotional care
- To ensure the welfare and safety of children is paramount within the nursery and that if concerns are raised they are acted upon immediately and to be aware of the school’s Safeguarding Policy and the Safeguarding and welfare requirements in the Early Years Framework
- To work across the whole learning environment – indoors and out. The outdoor environment is a very important aspect of their provision and is used in all weather conditions
- To make observations of the children and record them on Tapestry
- To be aware of the individual needs of children. This will include assisting with their personal care needs and helping get dressed for play etc.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To assist the Room Leader with the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- To ensure confidentially of all information received
- To work with small groups of children in adult directed activities
- To engage with children effectively when they are participating in self – initiated activities. To use their knowledge of the Foundation Stage Curriculum to inform their interactions and ensure that the children are making progression in their learning
- To work as a member of the team taking turns to prepare drinks and snacks
- To help prepare for each session with other staff e.g. photocopying, collecting materials, setting out toys etc.
- To provide a stimulating and safe environment in which children can either prepare for their day at school or relax and play following their day at school. To encourage the children to eat a healthy breakfast or tea as appropriate. To assist with homework such as reading if appropriate
- To undertake any other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the job title as directed by the Head of the EYFS/Headmaster
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience working with children in the 2 to 5 years age group
- A minimum of an NVQ Level 2 in Child Care, or equivalent qualification
- Up-to-date first aid and safeguarding training
- Sensitivity and caring to the needs of young children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
7.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. to include Breakfast Club and Nursery Assistant in their 2 -3 year old room
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all of their staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure via the DBS and to register with the update service.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to our Client’s careers page.
NOTE: You will only be considered for this role if the application form is completed.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of Nursery Officer, Nursery Nurse, Child Carer, Nursery Manager, Senior Nursery Nurse, Childcare, Child, Nurse, Nursery Assistant, Childcare, Nursery Assistant, Nursery, Pre-School Childcare, Childcare Assistant, Carers, Nursery Worker may also be considered for this role.