Sorry, this job has expired!
Up to £13.50 per hour
Job Title: Office Administrator
Job Type: 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday with a 30-minute unpaid break for lunch.
Garrowby Estate is a traditional agricultural estate extending to 13,250 acres, located 13 miles east of York.
- Two principal houses
- 40 let farms
- 750 acre in-hand farm
- Stud farm
- 1140 acres of forestry
- 140 let houses and cottages
- Various commercial properties including a village pub
Garrowby Estate and three other estates owned by the Halifax family are managed from the Estate Office in Bugthorpe.
This is a public facing role which requires an organised, self-motivated individual with the ability to multitask. The appointee will be responsible for providing administrative support to our office personnel to ensure the smooth running of a busy office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Providing administrative support to all departments which includes clerical activities such as copy and audio typing, scanning, filing, archiving and uploading invoices to the accounts system.
- Answering incoming calls and confidently deal with the enquiry, transfer the call or take accurate messages as required.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external parties.
- Responding to customer service emails in a timely manner.
- Providing support to the accounts and administration team, which includes activities such as scanning, filing, archiving and uploading of invoices to the accounts system – for the sales and purchase ledgers.
- Creating work flow tasks on KeyPrime Accounts and Property, ensuring tasks are created and assigned to the relevant department.
- Supplying essential paperwork to outlying departments.
- Scheduling and prioritising workload.
- Arranging incoming and outgoing post and ensuring that office supplies are adequately stocked.
- Providing a welcoming environment for all incoming visitors and clients.
- Will have two years previous administration and reception experience with excellent attention to detail.
- Will be fully competent on computers including Microsoft Office, Word and Excel.
- Have a proven track record as a team player.
- Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to accurately and timely deliver tasks.
- Experience of payroll – desirable.
- Holiday entitlement is 29 working days including Public Holidays.
- The successful applicant will be expected to commence work as soon as possible.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Customer Services Executive, Customer Service Representative, Administrative Support, Customer Support, Client Service, Customer Service Executive, Customer Services, Customer Assistant, Business Support Administrator, Customer Service Consultant, Customer Service Administrator, Customer Service Representative, Customer Advisor, Customer Support, Business Support, Customer Service Advisor, Customer Service, Customer Services Officer may also be considered for this role.