Operations Manager / Heavy Plant Hire
Job Title: Hire Desk Manager
Salary: Competitive, plus benefits.
Job type: Full Time – Permanent.
King Lifting is a recognised provider of crane hire to the construction industry and plant, machinery movement solutions from depots across the UK. We are a family owned business and proud of our name and success within our industry.
We are currently seeking a Hire Desk Manager to join our busy fast-paced operational environment within PMM. Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for organising the plant and machinery movement.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Allocating bookings with personnel and equipment to jobs.
- Routing the necessary transport in the most appropriate and cost-effective manner.
In addition, you will be dealing with all the associated paperwork and liaising with other depots and support services at Head Office. This is a very busy role and department so the ability to work under pressure whilst remaining calm and professional is essential.
Other duties include:
- Operate IT systems and complete administrative processes, including filing and processing documents.
Raising contracts, job sheets, operator tickets and input customer timesheets.
- Managing order resources.
- Organise site visits that may be required for our technical representatives.
- Daily sales calls to new and existing customers.
- Check operator timesheets and submit to payroll every week.
- Chasing debtors and overdue payments.
- Health & Safety: incident reporting and PPE requirements.
The ideal candidate:
- Extensive experience of working with Microsoft Office suite
Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of managing people
Exposure to or background in plant hire would be an advantage.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Office Worker, Manager, Administrator, Admin Manager, Administrative Manager, Administrator Manager, Senior Manager will also be considered for this role.