Job Title: Operations Team Member
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 6WR
Salary: Starting on £20,000 increasing to £20,400 on completion of probation period
Job type: Full time, Permanent
The Company is a UK-based company with subsidiary operations in the USA, France, Germany and China. They supply materials which are used for research, development and specialised manufacturing applications.
The materials preparation and packing department is a key element within the customer service proposition. This work provides a critical factor within the supply chain and the attainment of the company’s strategic goals globally.
You will play a key role in making sure that the customer gets the correct product, to the correct specification, at the right time. Working in an efficient and effective manner, you will deal with a range of product requests, ensuring that they reach the customer in great condition.
Operations Team Member:
- Keeping the work environment safe and tidy
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed to the required standard and quality to meet both internal and external customer requirements.
- Updating stock quantities via internal stock management systems
- Confirming and checking order details
- Maintaining and storing stock to a safe and accurate standard
- Flexibility within the team is a key requirement. Must be prepared to work where requested to meet the needs of the customer.
- Document processes and procedures for new or newly revised product designs.
- Identify and communicate opportunities to improve processes in support of efforts to increase standardisation, reduce costs, reduce cycle times and improve safety
- Set up and operate equipment to produce products that meet customer specifications.
- Test and inspect parts against requirements.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
Specific Materials Preparation and Packing
- Prepare and package a variety of materials for delivery to customers
- Identifying the order requirement from stock
- Selecting pre-cut or packaged materials
- Measuring, weighing and cutting of various materials to a specified size and tolerance
- Ensuring product is safely and securely packaged using the correct label and suitable packaging
- Despatching materials via courier and collection scheduling
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written technical instructions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety procedures and general instructions
- Attention to detail and quality
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Care and patience towards dealing with fragile and delicate materials
- Experience of using computer systems
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Willingness to take on new ways of working and prepared to be open to flexibility and training into all areas within the production environment.
- Strong communication and team working skills
- Ability to retrieve field information, such as dimensions and angles, without supervision.
- Ability to interpret and follow sketches and patterns for cutting and fabricating.
- Basic knowledge of metals, materials, polymers or ceramics is an advantage
- Enhanced holiday entitlement
- Private Health Insurance
- Income protection and critical illness
- Life Assurance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Warehouse Operations Controller, Supply Chain ,Warehouse Operations, Packer, Goods In-out may also be considered for this role.