Paralegal / Trainee Solicitor
Job Title: Paralegal/Trainee Solicitor – Property
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Hodge Halsall is a traditional but modern firm of solicitors offering a wealth of specialist knowledge to both corporate and individual clients not just locally but across the UK. The firm places importance on providing technically excellent advice with a practical and sensitive approach, working in partnership with its clients. Clients receive friendly and effective advice from a solicitor whom they can trust.
They are now looking for a full time Paralegal/Trainee Solicitor. Working within the Property Department you will be responsible for providing support to the team of property lawyers as well as developing your own role.
- Previous experience working within a Conveyancing team is essential
- Dealing with clients both in person and over the phone
- Opening and creating new files
- Applying for searches and checks
- Using Land Registry Direct and preparing Land Registry applications
- Sending and receiving letters, memos faxes and emails
- Preparing bills and completion statements/post-completion documents
- Preparing and filing Stamp Duty Land Transaction returns
- Ensuring the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and information
- Ensuring that outstanding client care is given at all times
- Actively progressing the client’s matter to conclusion
- Utilising the Firm’s case management system to best effect
- Complying with the Firm’s various policies and procedures
- Efficient and professional
- Super organised
- Friendly and helpful
- Detail oriented and accurate
- Trustworthy, discreet and reliable
- Good with English (verbally and written)
- Proficient in using a computer (especially Word, Excel and MS Office)
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Calm under pressure
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Paralegal, Legal Executive, Conveyance Executive, Legal, Fee Earner may also be considered for this role.