Job Title: Paralegal
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The company is an innovative, market-leading law firm who specialise in commercial debt recovery and litigation. Based in modern offices on the outskirts of Guildford with ample parking, there is a vacancy in their focused, but friendly, Legal department.
They’re currently looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their fast growing business that provides a fast and effective computerised debt recovery service to clients. Ideally you will have experience of debt recovery but this isn’t essential as training will be given.
They seek to delight clients by advising them on the best way to achieve their desired outcome, accurately and promptly handling their instructions, and assisting and advising other team members as necessary.
- To assist, or depending on experience manage, a portfolio of clients and increase the clients’ recoveries year on year by:
- Innovative thinking when considering cases
- Advising clients in an understandable way as to best action required to maximise recovery of debt, costs and compensation
- Knowing the client and their business
- Assisting in increasing sales in the department by client retention, extension into associated companies and identifying opportunities to deliver additional services of value to them
- Comply with all service levels set out in Price lists, terms of business and client special agreements and assist the Legal Department Manager in ensuring all staff comply
- Supporting junior members of the team and helping them progress rapidly in their knowledge and effectiveness
- Advising clients upon debt recovery procedures
- Preparing all necessary court papers quickly and accurately
- Liaising with debtors in relation to recovery of sums owed
- Implementing actions prompted by daily diary
- Paying out all monies received promptly
- Supporting other members of the team
- Keeping client informed at all times
- Accurate daily processing of instructions received
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Preferably, but not essential, experience of debt recovery law and Civil Procedure Rules/other court practices
- Ability to organise and prioritise work in situations that can include time pressure, interruptions and other causes of stress
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills
- Good communication, both written and oral
- Being able to work on own initiative and to retain sense of humour in times of pressure
- Ability to build and develop good relationships with clients
- Creativity in collecting money and legal practice
- Work within an office environment
- Use of communication skills
- Dealing with people on a one to one basis
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Legal Graduate, Law Graduate, Graduate, Legal Assistant, Litigation Assistant, Debt Recovery, GDL, LPC, Legal Executive, Legal Support Assistant, Debt Collection, Law Graduate, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Credit Control, Legal Handler, Legal Secretary, Paralegal, Legal Aid may also be considered for this role.