Sorry, this job has expired!
Parking and Cash Collection Supervisor
£24313 - £26317 per annum
Job Title: Parking and Cash Collection Supervisor
Location: Kendal, Cumbria
Salary: £24,313 – £26,317 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term – 12 Months
Closing Date: Monday 18th May 2020
The Council are proud of South Lakeland District and we serve communities across a rural area that includes two national parks, with the majority of the stunning Lake District National Park in their district, as well as western parts of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. With friendly communities, low crime rate, cultural attractions and excellent motorway and West Coast Mainline links to the North West, South Lakeland rightly promotes itself as the ‘best place to live, work and explore.’
They’re looking for a committed, flexible and well-organised individual to supervise the Councils Parking Services Operational Teams on a day to day basis.
The post will be interesting and will require an individual who has excellent supervisory, organisational, numerical and administrative skills and a proven competency of Microsoft Office software packages and accountancy practice.
- Supervise the Car Parks Cash Collection, Westmorland Shopping Centre and Civil Enforcement Officer Teams
- Ensure that accountancy standards are maintained involving very large sums of money and ensuring they are securely collected and processed
- Prepare detailed tariff uploads using bespoke software packages
- Process large amounts of data and financial details onto bespoke and Excel software packages
- Have a good level of education including C grade GCSE or equivalent in English and Mathematics
- Qualified to Association of Accountancy Technicians NVQ level 3 or above
- Demonstrable experience of working with the public in a similar type role
- Demonstrable experience of accounting for large sums of money
- Experienced in supervisory duties and responsibilities, with the ability to effectively manage and control a team.
- Demonstrable experience of preparing and testing pay machine tariff tables
- Knowledge in the use of computers and other ICT equipment and basic keyboard skills.
- Full Driving Licence applicable to the UK
What they offer
- Being part of an innovative, forward thinking, supportive and solutions focused team
- Smart working – Working in a ways that gets the best outcomes
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement (23 days holiday per annum + Bank Holidays (raising to 28 days after 5 years’ service))
- Flexi time – being able to accrue up to 13 additional flexi days + 5 additional banked flexi days per annum
- An attractive pension scheme
Please click on the APPLY button where you will be redirected to the Council website to complete your application.
Candidates with experience of: Parking Operations Team Supervisor, AAT, Public Sector, Local Council Worker, Parking Team Leader, Accountancy, Junior Accountant, Cash Collection, Payment Supervisor, Payments Handling, Team Leader, Manager may also be considered for this role.