Pastoral Officer – KS 3/4
South East London
Up to £24276 per annum
Job Title: Pastoral Officer – KS 3/4
Location: Plumstead, South East London
Salary: £24,276 per annum (Actual gross salary)
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours/ week, 39 weeks/ year)
Closing date: Noon, Friday 5th March 2021
The School is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). They’re dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all of their young people.
Their goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives and in turn will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. The School believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential that all young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
They are seeking a Pastoral Officer to work as part of the pastoral team supporting Heads of Year to provide excellence in the daily management and welfare of students and to assist with the maintenance of high standards of discipline and behaviour.
- Monitoring attendance and punctuality across a particular cohort
- Developing and monitoring pastoral support programmes for individual students
- Supporting Heads of Year in following up behaviour incidents
- Supervising student detentions after school and independent study periods
- Providing restorative mediation for students (individually and in groups)
- Liaising both within the school and with outside agencies to ensure a tailored programme of support
- Attending multidisciplinary forums such as TAC and PEP meetings
- Support the accuracy and rigour of information in helping track and assess the welfare of students
- You will need to have a Level 3 Qualification and at least a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- A suitable qualification relating to education, social work, mediation or youth work is desirable
- You will need to have experience of working with young people in Key stages 3, 4 or 5
- You should also have competent ICT skills
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Student Support Officer, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, Learning Guidance Advisor, Learning Support Assistant, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant may also be considered for this role.