Sorry, this job has expired!
Pastoral Officer – Post 16
South East London
Up to £24276 per annum
Job Title: Pastoral Officer – Post 16
Location: Plumstead, South East London
Salary: £24,276 per annum (Actual gross salary)
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (35 hours/ week, 39 weeks/ year)
Closing date: Noon, Thursday 21st January 2021
The School is a thriving and rapidly improved school recently judged Good by Ofsted (May 2018). They’re dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich, and hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for all of their young people.
Their goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them throughout their lives and in turn will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. The School believe that high quality teaching, in a safe and friendly environment, is the key to unlocking the potential that all young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
They are seeking a Pastoral Officer to work as part of the Post 16 team, which is situated in a purpose built block.
- Monitoring attendance and punctuality of Post 16 students
- Engaging parents and carers to involve them in their son/daughters achievement and future success
- Assisting with the maintenance of high standards of discipline and behaviour
- Developing and monitoring a pastoral support programme for individual students
- Working with individuals and small groups of students identifying areas for improvement within study, including the Supervision of the ‘Study Hall’ provision for identified students
- Providing restorative mediation for students (individually and in groups)
- Assisting the tutor team to develop strategies and interventions to be carried out during tutor time
- Providing guidance and support to students about the progression onto the next phase of their education and training, assisting with accessing information, completing applications and organizing visits
- Ensuring regular opportunities to publicly celebrate success and achievement
- You will need to have a Level 3 Qualification and at least a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths
- You will also need a qualification relating to education, social work, mediation or youth work and experience of working with young people in Key stage 4, 5, or higher education
- Knowledge of good practice in inclusion, differentiation and engagement together with the ability to work as a member of a team is essential
- You should also have competent ICT skills
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Student Support Officer, Learning Support, Support Assistant, Learning Support Worker, Learning Guidance Advisor, Learning Support Assistant, Learning Advisor, Learner Support, Guidance Advisor, Support Worker, Learning Assistant may also be considered for this role.