Payment Processing Assistant / Accounts Payable
Job Title: Payment Processing Assistant
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 13 December 2019
Are you organised, great with numbers, enjoy helping people?
As a payment processing Assistant you will ensure the Company payments to suppliers are tracked and paid.
Using the Company financial systems you will ensure accurate records are maintained.
If you have some payment management experience, then they would like to hear from you
Supporting the Payment Processing Supervisor, the assistant will be required to assist with the logging of invoices, payment processing and authorisation.
The role will involve interaction with both suppliers and members of the group’s staff. The department must ensure that all invoices are logged, approved and paid in a timely basis.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Logging invoices daily onto their accounting software
- Sorting and distributing daily incoming post
- Logging and chasing for authorisation of credit card statements
- Contacting suppliers to update BACS details
- Maintaining a good standard of filing daily
- Assisting the Payment Processing Supervisor to maintain clean accounts payable ledgers, including matching payments and dealing with supplier and internal queries
- Dealing with difficult supplier requests concerning payment e.g. late payment, missing invoices, incorrect payments etc.
- Set up new suppliers onto accounting system
- Run weekly critical supplier monitoring report making sure critical supplier invoices are authorised in a timely manner
- Entering payment onto their online banking software
- Processing staff expenses
- Assisting credit control – sending client statements and covering finance assistant role when necessary
Skills, abilities & personal qualities:
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent and a minimum of C grade (6) in GSCE Mathematics and English
- Numerical accuracy essential, with the ability to transpose data accurately
- Highly organised, systematic approach with the ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Customer focus approach to their work – aware of the need of quality, accuracy and attention to detail in their delivery
- Well-developed communication skills both orally and in writing, including a courteous telephone manner when dealing with people both internal and external to the Company
- Able to work on own initiative. Able to listen and follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner. Seeks advise where appropriate and applies common sense
- Displays attention to detail and the ability to transpose data accurately
- Professional, flexible and pro-active manner. Able to work as part of a team with enthusiasm
- An accurate and systematic approach to filing
Please click on the APPLY button to be directed to the company’s recruitment page.
Candidates with experience of: Payments Officer, Client Accounts Administrator, Client Payment Officer, Financial Services Payments Officer, Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, ACCA, AAT, CIMA, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant, Finance Admin, Accounts Officer, Accounts Team Assistant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Co-ordinator, Accounts Admin, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Purchase Ledger Controller, Accounts Clerk, SAGE50, SAGE200, Accounts Payable Assistant, Purchase Ledger Administrator, Purchasing Administrator, Purchase Ledger Assistant, Assistant Accountant may also be considered for this role.