Sorry, this job has expired!
Payroll & HR Coordinator / Payroll Assistant / HR Assistant
Job Title: Payroll & HR (Talent) Administrator
Job type: Full time, Permanent (35 hours per week)
The Firm is a Specialist Defendant Insurance Practice and employs approximately 1,020 people across offices in Leeds, London, Evesham, Manchester, Halifax, Liverpool, Birmingham, Bromley and Edinburgh. They work with Insurance Companies, Corporate and Public Sector Clients and the Lloyd’s market.
This is a very varied and busy roll, with two distinct facets. They are looking for an experienced Administrator to process payroll under the direction of the Payroll Manager, and also to offer administrative support to their HR & Talent Adviser, who as part of their busy HR Team manages their early years programmes for Work Experience, Apprentices and Trainees.
PAYROLL (probably 2nd and 3rd weeks of the month
- End to end payroll processing of monthly payroll
- Starters, leavers, absence
- AE Pensions, CCV, voluntary benefits, 3rd party payments
- FPS and EPS
- Work closely with HR and Finance teams
- Liaise and correspond with HR / Finance / Employees / HMRC / other 3rd parties
HR AND TALENT
- Supporting the HR team with the setup of new apprentices and trainees during the January, March and September intakes
- Assist with the inductions of the bulk intakes
- Update and maintain HR files and rotation trackers
- Follow process for starters, leavers and transfers, ensuring all appropriate parties (e.g. IT, Finance, Facilities) are notified by agreed deadlines
- Chase outstanding documentation
- Provide support and coordinate the administrative arrangements in relation to recruitment of apprentices and trainees
- Support with interviews for candidates, including booking of rooms and sending interview documentation to relevant managers
- Produce offer paperwork for new recruits
- Carry out pre-employment checks for new employees
- Help manage and execute recruitment events such as National Apprentice Week, school careers fairs, bulk recruitment events
Leavers – or convertors
- Assist with assessment/interview process for NQ positions
- Liaise with Compliance re Qualification formalities
- Issue new contracts etc. for successful NQ colleagues or Legal Assistants
- Complete leaver process for departing NQs or Apprentices
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience of processing payroll
- Up to date knowledge of HMRC rules and regulations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Capable in use of MS Applications
- Keen interest in Human Resources – specifically Talent Development
- Highly motivated
- Positive work ethic
- Ability to show initiative
- Team player
- People person
- 25 days paid holiday
- Life cover of 4 x salary
- Holiday buy/sell up to 5 days
- Gym discounts
- Discounts on tech purchases and monthly payment options
- Interest free travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Dental cover and more
You will be working Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with 1 hour for lunch, permanent subject to satisfactory completion of 3 months’ probationary period after which notice period will be 3 months.
The firm is committed to providing a non-discriminatory and harassment free working environment for all its employees. All offers are subject to satisfactory DBS checks, credit check and professional/personal referee checks.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Human Resources Executive, HR Assistant, HR Advisor, HR Administrator, HR Assistant, Human Resources Analyst, HR Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Generalist, HR Officer, Human Resources, Payroll Administrator, Payroll, Finance Clerk, Finance Administrator, Financial Administrator, Payroll Executive, Payroll Assistant, Payroll Admin, Payroll Coordinator, Payroll Officer, Payroll Team Leader, Payroll Assistant, HR Advisor may also be considered for this role.