Sorry, this job has expired!
Pension Risk Assistant Manager (Employer Risk)
Job Title: Pension Risk Assistant Manager (Employer Risk)
Salary: Competitive depending on experience
Position: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
The Company is an award-winning pension services business with offices across the UK who currently have an opportunity for an experienced risk professional to join the team. Reporting to the Senior Employer Risk Manager you will focus on delivering a high quality employer risk advisory service to clients and customers with a specific focus on pensions.
- Ensure customers receive focussed and relevant advice and reports developing effective, strong client relationships
- Interpret/analyse complex financial and actuarial data and produce recommendations accordingly
- Interpret and advise on legal issues within a pension’s regulation-based framework
- Manage a small team of staff, underlying systems and processes
- Ensure quality control systems are developed and applied across the team’s remit
- Ensure performance targets are met as set out in client contracts
- Manage, motivate and develop staff to provide high quality analysis and client reports
- Manage complex databases and systems ensuring these are accurate and up to date
- Draft high-quality reports for customers both internal and external, drawing on data and analysis managed/carried out within the team
- Successful delivery of miscellaneous projects, for example valuations, large scale data migrations, ad-hoc pieces of work requested by clients
- Keep abreast of developments within multiple arenas which are relevant to the team’s remit
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with colleagues and external agencies through regular contact, attendance at meetings, managing expectations etc.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to build positive relationships
- Excellent numerical, analysis and IT skills
- A full understanding of risk management principles
- Ability to engage with, and influence, senior finance, legal and actuarial professionals
- Experience of working within regulatory frameworks
- Good analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyse complex financial data, and propose strategic approaches to complex issues.
- Demonstrate positive behaviour, acting as a role model to staff through positive and consistent behaviours and approach in line with company strategic values of:
- Working together
- Committed to excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Forward thinking
- Ideally degree educated in a numerical subject; a recognised accountancy qualification would be advantageous
- Local government pension knowledge is desirable but not essential
What they offer in return:
As you would expect from a pension organisation, they offer employees access to an excellent pension scheme with 12% (London) employer contributions.
They also offer a 37 hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern for the right candidates
They provide an environment of continuous personal and professional development to support employees in reaching their full potential to deliver their vision ‘to be a leading pension services business”.
37 hour working week, with flexibility in working pattern between the hours of 8am and 6pm for the right candidate.
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Pensions Risk Advisor, Risk Officer, Risk Monitoring, Risk Coordinator, Risk Management, Conduct Risk Management, Compliance Executive, Pensions Risk Management, may also be considered for this position.